Advise for headphones purchasing

lovewave

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello!.

I mind to buy a new headphones and I want to choose between beyerdynamic T51p, shure srh1440, and AKG K550 MKII. The price is not important only interested in sound quality.

Many thanks.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
lovewave said:
Hello!. I mind to buy a new headphones and I want to choose between beyerdynamic T51p, shure srh1440, and AKG K550 MKII. The price is not important only interested in sound quality. Many thanks.

The K550 and SRH1440 are near neutral, but the 1440 tends to be bright while the K550 is more subdued (but still very hi-fi). MORE importantly though, the 1440 is open-back and the K550 closed. The T51p is a very strange sound, with a large peak around 5 khz.

lovewave

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response.

I've readed K550 sounds as semiopen.

May you clarify me about this concepts:

-bright, subdued, warm, coloured, ...

Maybe im interested in detailed sound. I had the AKG Q701 and was very happy with them.

New contender I see: beyer p51i.

Many thanks.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
lovewave said:
Thanks for the quick response.

I've readed K550 sounds as semiopen.

May you clarify me about this concepts:

-bright, subdued, warm, coloured, ...

Maybe im interested in detailed sound. I had the AKG Q701 and was very happy with them.

New contender I see: beyer p51i.

Many thanks.

I can give you 'tips' like I did, which is free information. But you need a lot more than that - you need a personal consultation. Probably the best thing is to visit a store and ask who knows enough to help you make the decision.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts