Advise for a new Hi-Fi system for classic music listening.

Andi-0005

Oct 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new here and hope I post in the correct place.

I would like to get some advise for a Hi-Fi system.
I am not an audiophile, but a casual listener. I listen to my mixed CD collection which is mostly from from the 80's and 90's.
I now prefer to listen to classic music and I would like to purchase a system to suit listening to classic music.
I am considering taking a tidal account for the higher quality files and playing from a computer.
I currently play my CD's using a Yamaha CD-C603 with an old Pioneer AV 5.1, it's not so great.
I do not use a record player.

I started looking at Yamaha equipment, the Yamaha A-S501, or possibly a A-S701 or R-N600A. I also looking at other popular brands in a similar price range, but I must limit the budget, that's why I look at a A-S501.
If I was to buy Yamaha A-S501 which speakers would be pair nicely with it for playing classic music so I can hear the details in a real world environment? Budget €200.00 to €400.00
I would use my CD-C603 cd player and later a DAC or other component to play Hi-Res files. Some advise on a DAC would welcome as well.

Thanks

Andi

Last edited:

Andi-0005

Oct 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi,
Good point. Thanks.
I prefer to be at the budget end starting at €200.00 for the speakers, but could stretch that a bit. Possibly to €400.00.
The cables costs I haven't considered yet. Not too much, standard equipment I guess.

Andi-0005

Oct 26, 2024
Visit site
The room size.
Currently not so big, it's my home office. 4.5m x 3m. In time I will move the system to a typical living room, but "L" shaped to make things tricky. This is around 40 squared meters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts