Advice with my sony KDL-40d3500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi first time using these forums.

id like a little advise i own a Sony KDL-40D3550 and am having a problem with picture quality on Blu-Ray play back.

I use high quality cables and have tried on my PS3 and a SonyBDP-S350.

Play back is perfect at times but a switch in scene on most blu ray films to dark or twighlight shows grain or noise on the picture that looks pretty poor.

Ive tried changing HDMI cables and SP3 to dedicated Blu Ray player.

Any advice or recommendations any one may have will be of great help.

Thanks

steve

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve

Not familiar with that screen - is it old/entry level? If so, it just might be that the engine in the telly isn't up to it (my parents bought a sony LCD 2 years ago, and the one I bought last Christmas was leagues better). Presume you've done the obvious things like optimised the picture with a THX optimiser (see Extra Features DVD on any Star Wars film), and turned the backlight right down. Beyond that - (because you don't say if this is exclusively a blu-ray problem) have you considered buying a tacima power block and/or shielded power cable (like a Copperline Alpha - available on 30 day home trial) - they could remove an element of noise/distortion that you are seeing (also a cable tidy-up is always good!). Notforgetting that some discs (includng Blu-ray) are just poor transfers (The Shield DVDs are terrible).

A

Anonymous

Hi Big thanks for your reply.

its a top level sony i brought about a yer ago.

ive tried the optimiser that u suggested and turned the back light down.

im testing my picture on Transformers Blu Ray its is always the same secenes where i get poor picture (transformers is meant to have excellent picture)

I dont have any problems with DVDs or Games (though killzone 2 was a little grainy but i adjusted the contrast and it went)

im going to try doing something with the mains power today.

thanks for your help =)

A

Anonymous

Try www.tweaktv.com they should have the isf recommeded picture settings for you TV. I used it to check my THX setup discs calibration for a 46V3000. It now looks great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts