** Advice Wanted ** - Home HD System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At long last I have got round to upgrading my old 26" CRT and the Pioneer XV DV55 DVD tuner and 5.1 surround sound and am looking to buy the Sony 40W3000 LCD TV. The problem I have got is what to buy to go with it? I have a collection over over 200 DVDs and play a lot of internet gaming (Warcraft mainly) so want a DVD upscale player, and to ethernet/Wi Fi link the PC to the TV. I have almost convinced myself to get the Onkyo T-SR 605 AV receiver and a Denon DVD-1940 DVD player. This will then give me a good surround system to support the Sony LCD TV and upscale of my old DVDs, play music CDs and I can ethernet or Wi Fi the PC as well.... the nagging bit in the back of my mind though is whether to get a PS3 instead of the Denon to do the DVD upscaling, 24 FP playing and have a Blu Ray player thrown in as well or whether to leave a Blu ray/HD TV decision until later.........I do not really need another games machine with 2 x PCs and a Wii already and do not download loads of video from the net or have lots of PC video/photos to link via the PS3 as a media centre link to the PC....any advice welcomed.

A

Anonymous

What you've picked out is all great kit and you can't go wrong.I have ps3 but for gaming first and if you're not going to play it and you are unsure about HD you could wait 6-12 months prices are falling all the time and hopefully for everyone there will be a clear picture(lol!) as to a winner !!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice - appreciate it. Having spent a few hours digging around I am also looking at the Q Acoustics 1010 speaker set to go with the Onkyo SR 605, The best deal I have found is for the Q Acoustic 1010 5.1 speakers is at Superfi for 299.00. I have also had a look at the new Q Acoustic 1010i which is going for 449.00 - is the 1010i worth the extra 150.00 or can anyone suggest an alternative speaker package in the 300.00 - 500.00 range ? Are the 1010i s available at the moment anyway as I could not find stock online?

A

Anonymous

Q have had issues in providing the sub for the 1010i package so there's a deal whereby you can get the 1010i package for 399 with the 1010 sub and pay 100 to upgrade to the 1010i sub next year when it becomes available. Not all Q dealers are advertising it - probably because some don't know and others don't want the hassle.

There's also the Wharfedale 9 HCP kit in your budget. List price was 500 but can be bought for as little as 330. Not sure how they'd compare to the 1010s - I've auditioned the Wharfedale's but not the 1010s - and besides my audition was with different ears
emotion-2.gif

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts