Advice-Surround Speakers/Soundbar

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am currently putting together my first home cinema system, so far I have the Sony 40W4500, Sony BDP S550 and will be purchasing the Yamaha 863.

My final decision is in regards to speakers. The girlfriend doesn't really want surround speakers (reading the forums this is a common theme!!) so I have done some research and come across the sound bars, are they going to be good enough for my system or should I take the girlfriend to a shop to demonstrate the speaker system to convince her they are better.

Cheers

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
you've got a really good screen and amp, it would be a crying shame to limit the potential by going for a sound-bar solution...

to compromise, why not try a style-package when it comes to speakers. The Kef 2005/3005 ranges are slick enough to (hopefully) pass muster.

If you do go for a demo, bring along one of your own blu-ray disc, and preferrably something that your other half really likes (musical stuff is great for winning that battle - the only reason I bought Moulin Rouge!).

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Dirk, first up let your girlfriend stick to buying the furnishings- you buy the gadgets
emotion-4.gif
joke

Nice start on the set up you have, personally id say a surround speaker package would be much better...........cant comment on soundbars as tbh i never heard them in action

Check out the KEF 2005.2, Q Acoustics 1010i they would be ideal for your set up

A

Anonymous

Why not try the Q Acoustics Q-AV system, the front 3 speakers are in one bar that attaches to the TV and is adjustable to it's width, you can get the rears in white or black & I think even the subwoofer mounts to the wall.

They get a 5* review from WHF, and I hae heard them and they sound good.

A

Anonymous

You can also get the sub in black and white, it is very compact and flat and it wall mounts to looks like a tiny storage heater.

A

Anonymous

Folks,

Thanks to you all I now have managed to get permission to get surround speakers and am going to opt for the KEF 3005se.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts