Advice requested for Hi-fi system

Chep

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Could you, please, recommend?
I listen jazz and rock most of the time.I'd like to connect DVD player in there.

Options:

DENON D-F 107

NAD C715 with Acoustics 201

NAD C715 with Wharfedale diamont 101 walnut

Harman Kardon MAS 101

ONKYO CSJ645

Philips MCi8080 (least preferred, I do not expect better sound than above, but if there are experiences, feel free to commment)

matthewpiano

Have you considered the Marantz M-CR603 or the Cambridge Audio Sonata? Both very capable systems. I'd be worried about reliability with the NAD although I have heard one and thought it sounded very good. Can't really comment on the other options I'm afraid.

T

the record spot

Of the lot, I recognise the HK MAS100, however, depending on what you want to play, it seems a year or two off the pace and players like the aforesaid Marantz MCR-603 offer more functionality, at least as good sound and for less money.

Your choice of course, but with the options afforded by networking capabilities for internet radio, Spotify, etc., this is where I'd be looking to put my money and there are several options out there.

Chep

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
the record spot said:
Of the lot, I recognise the HK MAS100, however, depending on what you want to play, it seems a year or two off the pace and players like the aforesaid Marantz MCR-603 offer more functionality, at least as good sound and for less money.

Your choice of course, but with the options afforded by networking capabilities for internet radio, Spotify, etc., this is where I'd be looking to put my money and there are several options out there.

great that you all get back with some ideas. in the meantime I reviewed Marantz MCR-603 and it looks a bargain. I also went through the reviews of MER803, since I want to connect DVD player too, so it looked a nice option,but it doesn't look as goodas MC 603

What speakers to connect there? I listen jazz and rock the most. movie sound doesn't play role here. Just thinking whether I can connect a DVD player there. I hope so. need to check

about speakers, I was thinking about these

Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 or these

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts