Advice re Speaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Cambridge Audio 840C and 840A I use the balanced connections, I run these through a pair of Monitor Audio GS10' place on the GS10 dedicated stands. I am really pleased with the system sounds great and certainly much better than my old Nad system, however I am currently using some old gale bi wire speaker cable however it was quite cheap and about 10 years old now, so I am thinking about upgrading this. My listening room is 26ft by 15ft has a concrete base with laminate flooring, painted plaster brick walls, almost no furniture and a huge glass fish tank, however despite this and the fact the GS10's have a reputation for being a bit bright, the sound is quite open but kind of mellow at the same time, even Oasis albums with their great songs but rubbish production sound pretty good, which was some thing my old Nad gear never did. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Try DMN reson speakers cables as it should firm up the bass a little and also roll off a bit up top so the GC10 brightness wouldn't become much of the issue. As for interconnect I would use TCI viper or if you can strech to Cobra it would be even better, I had a good result from them in the past. Remember that wires can only do so much (or so little) the end of the day if you get a good sound from your Gale cables why spend any more. enjoy your fantastic system.....regards

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
GS10 brightness? Nah... Just been reviewing them for a forthcoming issue of Gramophone and found them anything but bright when properly matched, but rather simply revealing of foibles further back up the chain. For the record I used Chord Signature, but that might be slight overkill at £500 for a 2m pair!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts