Advice please

Smudjer

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Help needed! I have a very old separates system purchased in the mid 80's which has served me well but I'm now looking to upgrade and possibly modernise. I've a decent budget >£5k but no idea whether to look at traditional or modern systems. 95% of my music is on cd but I'd like to be able to play without having to change cd's every 30 mins but I also want decent quality. I've recently listened to a sugden fusion cd player a sugden a21 mk II amp with harbeth 30.1 s speakers which sounded amazing but doesn't fit the brief of streaming / ability to put together play lists etc. is it possible to get the kind of sound quality I enjoyed via more up to date technology or is this a pipe dream, and what sort of alternatives should I look at? Any advice or help gratefully received including where to go for help in the north / Yorkshire area.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know much about streaming but Naim and Linn do some upmarket streamers and many people say that is better sound quality than cds. You could rip your cds and stream them, have a look at WHF reviews.

Smudjer

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - so it is possible to integrate new sources of music through this type of system then? Was just a bit worried this wasn't very "future proof" in terms of being able to play higher resolution formats. :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You connect the DS to the amp in the same way as a CD Player.

The Linn will play everything up to 24 / 192 (and is gapless).......which is often stored on a NAS. A good dealer will explain everything and be able to help set it up. There is a lot of good info on the Linn website, as well as on their forum.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
I don't know much about streaming but Naim and Linn do some upmarket streamers and many people say that is better sound quality than cds. You could rip your cds and stream them, have a look at WHF reviews.

Yep!

No transport, so no reading errors!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The Audio Room, Hull stock Linn, Naim & Rega.

Linn & Naim = excellent streamers, then get a NAS and get a iOS/Android control app for your phone/tablet!

TRENDING THREADS