Advice please on connecting wireless speakers to old hi-fi

DaveT

Sep 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I apologise in advance for my significant lack of knowledge on the subject of hi-fi. I've just inherited my parents Technics hi-fi which I've always admired. It has wired speakers which are not possible to use in the room I'm going to use. So, I'd like to either a) somehow convert the speakers to wireless, or b) buy new wireless speakers that can be used via bluetooth or wi-fi. I don't really want to spend more than £100 if that's possible. Thanks for any advice on what to buy. Dave

Gray

No need to apologise for anything Dave.
Welcome to the forum.
Just give your Technics model number and say precisely what you'd like to do - you will have plenty of suggestions. Can't guarantee they'll all be under £100 though.
Is running an unobtrusive single wire from one room to the other (maybe through a wall) out of the question?

Tempted to agree with previous post. You'll need something capable of accepting the output from the Technics (either at speaker level or line out if it has such a thing) and then transmitting it wirelessly to new speakers. And bear in mind that wireless speakers will also need to be plugged into mains sockets, so you are perhaps just swapping one set of wires for another.

Reactions: nopiano

Gray

Depends on the Technics model.
But if he goes wired, £30 could be more than enough to give him a little class D aux amp with its own volume control in another room.
(No Bluetooth dropout issues. Probably sound at least as good as the Technics too).

Not many people would want speakers in a different room to the main unit though.
(Seems room 1 not big enough to include speakers, room 2 not big enough to include the unit??).

Last edited:

jjbomber

Depends on the Technics model.
But if he goes wired, £30 could be more than enough to give him a little class D aux amp with its own volume control in another room.
(No Bluetooth dropout issues. Probably sound at least as good as the Technics too).

Not many people would want speakers in a different room to the main unit though.
(Seems room 1 not big enough to include speakers, room 2 not big enough to include the unit??).
He didn't say another room. He said the room he was going to use it in.

DaveT

Sep 9, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I'm away from home at the moment so can't tell you the Technics model number. The speakers need to be located on the opposite wall to the where the hifi is, so wires are not an option as I have wooden flooring that I don't want to take up. I think smart speakers would be most suitable as there are power sockets on the same wall. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your replies. I'm away from home at the moment so can't tell you the Technics model number. The speakers need to be located on the opposite wall to the where the hifi is, so wires are not an option as I have wooden flooring that I don't want to take up. I think smart speakers would be most suitable as there are power sockets on the same wall. Any recommendations?
why can't you run cables around the room? You don't have to lift flooring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts