Advice please, big budget and lost!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking for 2 TV's for new flat:

40" For Living Area

32" For Bedroom

Have looked at B&O Beovision 10 and Beovision 8 32, plus associated brackets and remotes... probably circa £10k

Want to achieve that minimalist look that B&O have, but I am mindful that there may be better equipment I should be looking at out there...

Any suggestions most welcome!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
peetbarker:
Looking for 2 TV's for new flat:

40" For Living Area

32" For Bedroom

Have looked at B&O Beovision 10 and Beovision 8 32, plus associated brackets and remotes... probably circa £10k

Want to achieve that minimalist look that B&O have, but I am mindful that there may be better equipment I should be looking at out there...

Any suggestions most welcome!

If you have the money, go for it!

A

Anonymous

Hi peetbarker, i think the 10 and 8 are fantastic units for the look you want, a friend of mine bought a beautiful penthouse and kitted the whole place out with b&o tv and hi-fi, looks great IF IT IS KEPT SURGICALLY CLEAN, but picture wise, i,ve got a pioneer plasma and i would not swap it for any b&o set, but for the minimalist thing don,t think you can beat them

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
peetbarker:
Really?

You don't think I should look at Pioneer?!

Yes, but you'll be doing it through someone else's window! I couldn't find a 50" before Xmas. There were a few 60"s left but they were too big for my room. If you can find one now I'd go for it.

Rob

A

Anonymous

why not go for a philips 40pfl7404 ?? i think they are a bit expensive , but much cheaper than b and o , and they are said to be very good , look nice and contemporary too , £1800 ....

matthewpiano

If you've got the money and you are prepared to pay for their design and bomb-proof build go for the B&O.

If you want most or all of the performance for considerably less look at the flagships from Sony, Panasonic etc. both in their outgoing ranges and the forthcoming 2010 ranges. Sony's new 'Monolithic' design might well appeal...

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
You could wait and see what Panasonic do with the Kuro brand......

This is what I would do as a new purchaser. I have a feeling these displays might be the new cream of the crop.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Well lets face it, there's not really any competition!!
emotion-1.gif

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm just in the process of buying a new flatscreen for my bedroom wall and I hate to admit it but for sheer picture quality, thinness (is that a word?) and design, the new crop from Samsung are looking pretty damn good for the price right now.

If it's a flagship designer TV that your after, if they are for sale in the UK, you can't go wrong with a German company called Loewe.
A fellow engineer swears by them (and Barco), but I'll stick with my trusty Sony W4500 series for my main screen right now.
B&O make some great products but I can't help feeling that one is paying more for style over substance.
Did you see their mobile phone - arghhh, that was a nightmare!

A

Anonymous

Eeek ! Tonya, as lovely as they are design-wise, I've yet to see a Loewe display that justifies it's price. Beautiful to look at, but there's better options out there pq-wise, for less cash. I'd much rather opt for your W4500.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I hear you, Force.
As I said, it is more of a stylish designer TV.
I've seen some pretty good picture quality from some unusual suspects recently, including Loewe, Grundig, Sharp and only yesterday a stunner from Samsung.
I have yet to see a better picture than my 52W4500, but I did spend literally days calibrating the beastie.
I just think that they got it right with that design, the newer models are not as good in my eyes.
The reproduction from Bluray is stunning and using a PC via HDMI with 1:1 pixel mapping creates a knife sharp computer picture as well.

We have a B&O shop locally and they do have some really neat looking hardware but as I said, I can't help feeling that it doesn't sound or look as good as the price says!
At work we have a few of the Philips Cinema ultrawide sets but even those leave me unimpressed I'm sorry to say.

But at the end of the day, you pays your money and you takes your choice, as they say.

It really depends on what your priorities are. If you're looking for a designer TV with minimalist look & excellent customer service & support (better than the mainstream manufacturers like Philips, Sony etc.), B&O & Loewe are the best options currently. Even the audio & video quality is very good. I would suggest you demo both yourself & decide. I love their looks & wouldn't mind owning one, despite having the KRP 500A!!
emotion-4.gif

If you're looking for performance per pound, then there are better options like Philips & upcoming models from Panasonic.

If money was no bar, I would personally go for B&O or Loewe.

A

Anonymous

Tonya:
We have a B&O shop locally and they do have some really neat looking hardware but as I said, I can't help feeling that it doesn't sound or look as good as the price says!

At work we have a few of the Philips Cinema ultrawide sets but even those leave me unimpressed I'm sorry to say.

Yea likewise Tonya - infact the B&O shop is literally 30 seconds walk round the corner from where I am now ! They make great looking pieces of furniture when they're turned off mind.

For me I'd go Kuro/Panny for plasma and Sony for LCD, regardless of cost....and I did ! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts