advice please andrew

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
you can see my system below. im a newbie too so i buying on advice from others. do you think i should get a dedicated cd player or is the denon 1940 good enough and if so which one? and should i get a good rack or will it make much of a difference? if yes then which? its a big open room and i just want to get this job done and dusted . money is starting to run out and im not sure of anything. what do you think of the stuff i bought already. honesty is appreciated thanks in advance your new freind pat

A

Anonymous

advice from clare is good too. or anyone at all who is pretty clued up to all this stuff
thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="padraig"]do you think i should get a dedicated cd player or is the denon 1940 good enough and if so which one? and should i get a good rack or will it make much of a difference? if yes then which? [/quote]

Hi Pat,

Excuse Andrew and I for having a couple of hours off on a Saturday....
emotion-4.gif

The Denon and Onkyo are both decent musically, but only by AV-kit standards. Your excellent front speakers are capable of much more in stereo - we'd normally suggest a @£250 CD player and stereo amplifier as the level of partnering electronics (Marantz's CD6002; Rotel RA-04), but then that's some stack....

Even if you stay with your excellent system as it is, a rack would help matter - all AV amps appreciate some air around them, and both they and disc players benefit from being isolated from vibrations.

Atacama's Equinox range - which comes in modular units, and starts from just £140 - is uniformly excellent. There are even options that'll hold your flatscreen, too.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice clare . to tell the truth i was expecting the onkyo 605 to be all the amp i would need but i did see the marantz cd player had good reviews. i kinda hope to just get the cd player but if you think i should get the rotel too then i will. also i looked into the equinox range of racks but with all the shelves i am gonna need its getting prohibitely expensive. what do you think i should do about the rack. a cheaper multi level rack that looks good (yes i am shallow lol) tv is wall mounted too .
ps i really appreciate you saying my system is good coz i was taking the advice from the guy who sold it to me and it is a relief to get a reassurance from a professional.

A

Anonymous

i forgot to mention that i have a lot of music that i downloaded from the internet. onto my computer . how should i proceed as i would like to play this music too.
thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts