Advice on which blu ray to pair with my reciever

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have bought the sony STRG820 reciever and I want to pair it up with a blu ray palyer. I initally was going to go for the Sony BDP-550 over the 350 beacuse it doesn't decode dts-hd master audio. However am I now right in thinking that this doesn't matter because the reciever has this function and if this true can should i buy the cheaper 350 model.

I would be grateful for some advice

Steve

A

Anonymous

The Sony BDP-350 would be a great match, sonically and aesthetically.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
The STR DG820 decodes all HD audio formats, so the player does not need to decode them too. The other poster was right, the S350 and the STR DG820 go together really well. I have them both and cant see anything better for the price I paid. I am very happy (although I still dream of more expensive kit, obviously!)

A

Anonymous

Yes set the Blue ray player on bitsteam and let the amp de code it.

If you do that there's no need to go for the more expensive models.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I am very happy with my S350 - you won't be disappointed. The PQ and sound are excellent: worthy of the WHF 5 star assessment. I'm sure that the high end Blu-ray players are even better, but it will do just fine until the prices come down.

A

Anonymous

I have the BDP-S350 and the STR-DG820 and found they work well together apart from not getting true HD. The receiver displays Linear PCM where i would of expected it to display dolby HD.

What iam idoing wrong

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts