Advice on turntable for use with pair of Sonos 5

SimonU67

Jul 1, 2022
Visit site
So need some advice.

I want to use my vinyl collection which has been in storage for years along with a rocks and radius with a corus black and Tabriz arm.

should I get a pre amp and use it or get the pro ject carbon debit from Sonos?

if I use the radius which pre amp should I use?

SimonU67

Jul 1, 2022
Visit site
So need some advice.

I want to use my vinyl collection which has been in storage for years along with a rocks and radius with a corus black and Tabriz arm.

should I get a pre amp and use it or get the pro ject carbon debit from Sonos?

if I use the radius which pre amp should I use?

DCarmi

I am guessing you mean a Roksan Radius and vintage from somewhere in the 1990s or early 2000s? If so then the cost of the system then would be equivalent of somewhere around £1500+ now, for that setup. I am not sure the Sonos would bring the best out of the turntable.

Assuming the turntable is still serviceable (mine dates from 1988 and still fine) and you want to keep it, use it with Sonos and not spend bucket loads of cash...

Initially I thought of the Ifi Phono but that can sound bright and might not play well with the already quite bright Sonos. The Corus black is also apparently quite bright sounding too.

Maybe the Rega Fono Mk5 which comes in at about £220, UK prices? The cheaper Rega Fono Mini A2D is worth a look. Both should be a bit warmer than the Ifi.

My tuppence worth...

Reactions: Al ears
If that turntable is perfectly serviceable then keep it as it's a good one, the Tabriz tonearm is a classic and the cartridge is also but that's as long as it's still functional, as for phono preamp, which I guess is what you are asking about, then it will depend on budget.
However I should add that I have no idea how you can attach a turntable to a pair of wireless speakers, does Sonus not make a hub of some sort???
I know they have a line in socket but how do you link a pair of them?
Wireless isn't my things you may notice whereas analogue is.....

Last edited:
Reactions: DCarmi

DCarmi

AI brings up a good point. Sonos do make an amplifier which you probably would need. You would likely still need a pre-amp for the turntable. There are guides available on how to connect a turntable to Sonos speakers.

From what I can understand, the cost may not be a lot less than buying a decent amp and some wired speakers.
Seems the Sonos amp is £699 new.

Google will bring up some howto pages.

TRENDING THREADS