Advice on switching to a bluetooth speaker

Pillars

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Greetings everyone,

I'm after some opinions on a change I'm considering making. I'm currently running a regular wired stereo system with two Gale's mini monitor speakers and an old Akai AM-U1 amplifier. I'm debating switching to a bluetooth system with a budget of around £250.

My question is considering my modest budget, what should of sound quality so I be expecting to hear from the speakers compared to my current set up? I understand that it will be effectively mono rather than stereo, but will the general quality also suffer?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Unless that is what you want.

A pair of proper active speakers and an AptX bluetooth adaptor can easily be had for less than £250, your choice.

Sound quality to embarrass many a seperates setup,

Pillars

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
davedotco said:

A pair of proper active speakers and an AptX bluetooth adaptor can easily be had for less than £250, your choice.

Hey Dave, thanks for the input. To be honest for me part of the attraction of a bluetooth setup is the compact nature of it, so I'm leaning more towards a single unit.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
QED uplay puck bluetooth £50. Q Acoustics speakers 2010 £100. Budget Denon/Pioneer/Cambridge Audio amp £100. This set up will sound pretty good and is well within your budget.

Or.....Nad Viso 1

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Pillars said:
davedotco said:

Hey Dave, thanks for the input. To be honest for me part of the attraction of a bluetooth setup is the compact nature of it, so I'm leaning more towards a single unit.

I thought that might be the case, but you did ask about sound quality.

Compare the spec and performance of something like the Presonus Ceres models, simple powered active speakers with Bluetooth built in, two boxes, single mains lead to main speaker, speaker cable to slave. Proper stereo at least.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts