Advice on speakers for basement

Vincentgar

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Goodmorning,
I just read the article form what hi*fi about "best speakers 2021". I don't know much about specifiactions so I was wondering if someone can give me any advise on what speakers to buy?
I have a "mancave" basement (5m x 10m x 2,2m) where I want to play some music and place a home cinema system. I would like to buy 4 speakers for in each corner, that work for dj'ing and for the home cinema system. It doesn't have to go very loud nor does it have to have a heavy bass. I would prefer a crisp crystal clear sound. I would like to place it on an wall using a wall bracket so it shouldn't be too big or too heavy. My budget is max € 2500 (4 speakers and if necessary amplifier included).
Thanks in advance, some advice would be eneormously appreciated!!! :)
Sincerely

Gray

Welcome to the forum.
When it comes to bass quality, corners of rooms are best avoided when positioning speakers (especially wall-mounted speakers) - as this can lead to overblown bass.

Try to narrow down your priority for listening.
Some people manage a hybrid between 2 channel stereo and surround-sound cinema, but more often (with good reason) most people choose one or the other.
Once you do that, your choices become clearer.

Tinman1952

Welcome to the forum.
When it comes to bass quality, corners of rooms are best avoided when positioning speakers (especially wall-mounted speakers) - as this can lead to overblown bass.

Try to narrow down your priority for listening.
Some people manage a hybrid between 2 channel stereo and surround-sound cinema, but more often (with good reason) most people choose one or the other.
Once you do that, your choices become clearer.
Agreed. It surprises some how good a decent stereo system can sound for home cinema use. If you do want multi channel however then a basic entry level 5.1 channel AV receiver from brands like Yamaha, Denon, Marantz or Sony will be fine. Don't waste money on 9 or 11 channels with Dolby Atmos etc....spend that money on better speakers. Receivers usually have a multi-channel stereo setting for listening to two channel music which you might like with your 4 speaker set up. As Gray says avoid placing right in the corner....2 or 3 feet from each corner will give a much better frequency response.
Good luck!

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts