Advice on new system.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys,

So here's my first post.

I'm looking at getting a nice new hi-fi, I'm looking at the Roksan Kandy K2, paired with the B&W 685, and a Project Debut 3 turntable.

I think this sound great, the reviews say it is great, but I want some opinions from some experts. So suggestions, replacements, alternatives, advise.

Please Help.

Tom

jalaba

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
k2 and 685 is a very good much, i had it in my system.
smiley-laughing.gif

the project debut 3 would sing beautifully on this system.

A

Anonymous

that's a £750 amp with £370 speakers, two great products no doubt, but i think you'd be better off spending the bigger sum on speakers and the smaller sum on the amp.

Tom_King said:
Hey guys,

So here's my first post.

I'm looking at getting a nice new hi-fi, I'm looking at the Roksan Kandy K2, paired with the B&W 685, and a Project Debut 3 turntable.

I think this sound great, the reviews say it is great, but I want some opinions from some experts. So suggestions, replacements, alternatives, advise.

Please Help.

Tom

Welcome, btw...

Maxflinn's point holds validity, however, having an amp that's twice the price of the speakers isn't a big deal. I'm speaking from personal experience.

I've heard so many good things about the pairing, and with the B&Ws, you have a wonderful yardstick in which to upgrade should the need arise.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
On a budget of about £1000, for best sound quality, buy 2nd hand. Not new.

Would you like me to recommend a few 2nd hand items?

T

the record spot

A vinyl based system? A greater proportion on the turntable I would suggest. For digital, this proportion would be fine, but not vinyl.

A

Anonymous

With regards to the amp/speakers. I would look at auditioning the Arcam A18 with Dynaudio DM2/6's and Monitor Audio RX1's. I think for records, this would be far more enjoyable than the Roksan/B&W. The Roksan amps lack musicality in my opinion, they're very analytical, partnered with that tweeter in the 685's, I would be a bit wary about that combination.

If you're buying used for the same money, the Arcam A85/Musical Fidelity A3/Naim Nait 5i are three great recent amps you should look at. All very capable and built to last. Speaker wise, Monitor Audio RX series go for very good prices in the used market, as do the previous GS range. For less than the Roksan/B&W combo, you could pick up the Arcam A85 or the Musical Fidelity A3 with Monitor Audio GS10's, which would be a killer combo, especially for listening to records through.

I'm not terribly sure about Turntables, so I'll leave that for someone else :).

TRENDING THREADS