Question Advice on new speakers and how to connect

qmaxor

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and quite a audio newbie.

I am looking for new speakers for my new separate office space (10 m2 --> 2.6 by 4.1) in my garden to connect with my desktop (Motherboard: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1436312/msi-b450-tomahawk-max.html) and (work) laptop on a 140 cm desk with 2 27inch monitors . Occasionally I will stream audio from my mobile phone.

I will use the audio for Gaming, Music (Piano, classical, pop and dance/house) and often play from youtube and spotify, but willing to get better quality audio if I will hear the difference, since its not high end audio for this budget.

I used to have a Logitech Z-5500 Digital but I would like to upgrade in quality.

I am aiming to spend 400-600e (I could stretch if needed).

Currently I am thinking of buying the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2. They look nice and are good enough for my space, requirements and not too big. The KEF LSX are an overkill I think.
I am a price/quality guy and see that other people advised combination like:

- Loxjie D30 + JBL 305 (or Neumann KH80 or Genelec 8020)
- Forte A5

What other options do you advice for me? Are the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 a lot 'worse' than the JBL 305 /Neumann KH80 / Genelec 8020? Are there speakers with a bit more design if I would go for studio speakers?

Furthermore I was wondering how I could best connect my desktop with the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 (or other) speakers since my pc doesn't have Bluetooth or SPDIF. Is 3.5 mm ok or do I need to buy a DAC or something else to generate a SPDIF signal? Ideally I also connect a separate mic with the DAC.

Thank you very much!

jjbomber

Hi everyone,

Currently I am thinking of buying the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2.

Furthermore I was wondering how I could best connect my desktop with the Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 (or other) speakers since my pc doesn't have Bluetooth or SPDIF. Is 3.5 mm ok or do I need to buy a DAC or something else to generate a SPDIF signal? Ideally I also connect a separate mic with the DAC.

Thank you very much!
Nailed it first time. Ruark it is.

To connect them, get a Behringer UCA222 which will connect via USB to your PC and output via SPFID ( as well as headphones and phono RCA).

qmaxor

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, so looks like a safe choice. Just to check; what alternatives would you consider or other forum members?

Furthermore, the Behringer UCA222 looks like a cheap and quick fix. Is there also an option including a mic connection for an affordable price?

jjbomber

Thanks for the quick reply, so looks like a safe choice. Just to check; what alternatives would you consider or other forum members?

Furthermore, the Behringer UCA222 looks like a cheap and quick fix. Is there also an option including a mic connection for an affordable price?
Alternative for me would be the Elipson Prestige Facet 6B BT. The Ruark's are more Manilow than Metallica, so my personal taste would be the Elipson. However it is YOUR musical taste, not mine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts