Advice on home cinema choices please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello need help please have got a pana th42px60 tv, sky+, ps3 and a cheap pana dvd recorder got free with tv. i have a budget of £1500 and would like some tasty looking speakers and a reciever. have looked at some monitor audio speakers but am clueless about recievers. Can any body help please?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd suggest an Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver and a set of Q Acoustics' improved 1010 5.1 speakers. Well within your budget, and will sound great, which is almost as important as being tasty looking.

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

What he said. The only additional caveats worth making are these: if your room is especially large, you might want to consider a bigger speaker package (you've got the capacity within your budget to do so). Alternatively, while the Q Acoustics package is small enough to be unobtrusive, it's not necessarily pretty.

A

Anonymous

My room is approx 5.5mtr by 6.5 and i have checked them out and i agree they are not the best looking, what do you suggest?
Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Our style speaker package Award winners, the KEF 3005SEs - at £1000 - would provide a little more oomph than the Q's, and a lot more style. In your budget with @£400 for the Onkyo - and a good match sonically.

A

Anonymous

Am I the only person who thinks style speaker packages really aren't very stylish!? Give me chunky wooden box any day!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="CaptainHowdy"]Am I the only person who thinks style speaker packages really aren't very stylish!? Give me chunky wooden box any day! [/quote]

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I think the style packages look naff and will more than likely suffer from the ever changing fashions. I prefer the look of a standard speaker..... hence I have recently bought an SR605 and the Monitor Audio BR2AV package, and I am very happy with it all.... especially after getting 25% off at Sevenoaks. I would happily recommend this set up to anyone. With regard to the original post, maybe consider the BR5AV set up seeing as you have a bigger room?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts