Advice on buying a projector and screen please

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi, not been on here for a while.

Looking at buying a second hand projector and screen for using the odd time for sports and cinema nights with my kids. Looking for some general advice.

Got the chance of a BenQ TW523P for around £175 and Optoma H181X for around £200. Also either a second hand Optoma 78" screen for £20 or could go for a new VonHaus 78" screen for £30.

Looking at the projectors their display is 16:10 and the screens 16:9, can image be adjusted to fit. Also how far away from screen for 78" image does projector need to be.

Any info and help much appreciated.

You can usually adjust the image to fit the screen. I haven't checked your projector options to see whether they lack the feature or not. Also, because of this, distance can be flexible. What throw distance were you thinking of?

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
I've got anything up to just over 4 metres where I can place the projector, just for occasional use so will be placed on a stand when using.

Also found a second hand Epson 3LCD for sale, ratio is 4:3 so unsure how this will look when playing sat box or bluray at 16:9, does it just show it in letter box format and adjust projector position to suit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts