Advice on Budget System Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to this forum and would be really grateful for some advice or opinions. I want to improve my HiFi system and have about £250 to spend.

Current System:Acoustic Energy Aegis 1 Speakers, Yamaha AX393 Amplifier, Yamaha CDX 493 CD Player. Gale Speaker Stands. Cambridge Audio Pacific Interconnect and Cable Talk 3.1 Speaker Cable.The speakers and electronics were What Hi-Fi ***** Group Test Winners, when I bought them about 8 years ago.

My plan is to upgrade the speakers, speaker cable and speaker stands with Monitor Audio BR2s. I have seen them on-line at £180 with free 10m QED Silver Anniversary XT cable and £20 off next purchase, which I was going to put towards the Atacama Nexus 6 stands.

What would you do?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I would leave you cables and stands as they are.I would change two things.The amp and the speakers to whatever you like.

A

Anonymous

I know I posted about a month ago but I have been working away and have still not upgraded my speakers.

Interesting comments Silly, I've also been advised to spend the money on a CD player instead of the speakers.

At the moment, I want to spend about £250 and will probably spend this on speakers and stands. My existing stands have only 1 small upright column and seem a bit unstable. My main concern is that I am 'upgrading' my speakers to a similar priced product. I plan to upgrade my Amp and CD player when funds are available but I would like to 'hear an improvement' for my money. Will I notice a good improvement if I buy the MA BR2s and biwire them? (the Acoustic Energys aren't biwirable) or do you think I should keep on saving money and spend more money on CD Player/Amp/Speakers?

I know I am talking small amounts of ££cash here but I would be really dissapointed if I didn't hear much difference for my money.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
would keep the Argis1 and upgrade from that boring Yamaha amp (natural sound my bum!) and get yourself a Cambridge Audio 540A or Rotel 01. I wouldn't even thinking about spend more money on the cables just yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts