Advice needed!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about buying some Monitor Audio BX2 speakers (What Hi-Fi Award winner 2010) as a replacement for my old Mission 701 pair, but keen to get as much advice as possible before buying and not rushing into a purchase. Would they work with a Marantz CD63SE CD player and Denon PMA-255UK amp? My preferences are for these Monitor speakers, or the B&W 685 pair. I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions!

Thanks

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Dali Lektor 2 is worth trying with the Denon. I think the Lektor 2 is probably one, if not the best budget speaker. I like it anyway. Also worth trying the Tannoy Mercury V1 for less money. The BX2 would work with the Denon but I think it would be better with more power e.g. 50w per channel. Same for the 685.

matthewpiano

It all depends what kind of sound you want. If you want natural and involving I personally rate the Lektor 2s above both the BX2 and the B&W 685s. I agree entirely with Blackdawn - they are superb. Have a listen though because I'm sure they won't float everybody's boat.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice - I did have a look at the Dali Lektor 2s, but noticed from the review that they don't take kindly to being positioned near a wall (the shape of my living room makes this compulsory, unfortunately). However, I'll give them a go, and if I eventually do go for the BX2s, will think about upgrading to a more powerful amp.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts