Advice needed on some speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

Hoping to get some advice from all you hifi gurus! basically i'm a student in liverpool so not a whole lot of spare cash but i want a good set of floorstanding speakers. I'd say I listen to quite a broad range of music. From Blink 182 to Carter burnell to Dire Straits to ben Howard. so want something decent for every thing. now for the bad news budget.

realistically looking at a budget of £70. can anyone help me out?

Anyone had any experience of Ditton Carina DC7 speakers? there are some near where I live being auctioned a the moment.

matthewpiano

Those old Celestions should be OK but they won't be capable of handling particularly high levels. I'd be looking for something a little more modern. Keep an eye open for some of the late 80s/early 90s Mordaunt-Shorts and Missions. The other speakers you should definitely look out for are the Sony SS-176Es which were great and should be pretty cheap to pick up used. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions guys. what about mission 733s? how would you rate them versus 752's? also anyone have any experience/comments on acoustic solutions ds-1000 mk2's?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help guys think i may have managed to get a pair of acoustic energy aegis evo 3's under budget which i really didn't expect. if you have any suggestions as to a very cheap intrim amp to run these it would be much appreciated. cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts