Advice needed on Panasonic sound bar audio

Snoots

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys,

I have recently been gifted a sound bar from a friend and am having a slight issue with audio delay.
This is when I am streaming from bubbleupnp media server.
I have found that if I disable ffmpeg audio decoding within the app the audio delay seems to be pretty much gone, I was wondering is this a good solution to this issue? Is it not good for the sound quality I will be receiving?
Seems to be ok.

In advance, thank for any advice guys.

Snoots

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Which TV have you got and what's the model number of the soundbar?

How have you connected the soundbar to the TV? And which HDMI port? ARC or eARC?
Hi bigboss,
The TV model number is TX-L50BL6B and the sound bar is SC-HTB170, (both are Panasonic) I have it connected via hdmi using the arc hdmi.

Panasonic's Viera Link can be flaky. There should be a lip sync correction somewhere in the settings. Or try an optical cable instead of HDMI to see if it cures the problem. You can then narrow it down to the Viera Link as the culprit.

Snoots

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Panasonic's Viera Link can be flaky. There should be a lip sync correction somewhere in the settings. Or try an optical cable instead of HDMI to see if it cures the problem. You can then narrow it down to the Viera Link as the culprit.
Ah OK, thanks for the advice, I'll look into buying a cable.
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts