Advice needed on HDMI cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need a length of HDMI, 8 metres should be enough. I was looking on QED website were 7 metre cable was tested for 1080p output, and in turn, it was fine. Question is, if I get 8 metres, is quality affected and were will I purchase?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Usually the errors (if any) that are encountered with long length hdmi cables are sparklies or simply no picture at all. I can highly recommend the octava cables or bettercables (I use one for my projector run) at tmfsolutions, hdcable or bluejeanscables. These guys have a good reputation and guarantee the cables and should be considerably cheaper than QED. Mark Grant also comes highly recommended and actually tests each individual cable. I would make sure you test the cable before chasing it in a wall in a permanent install.

There is a handy guide on HDMI cables HERE which should hopefully answer any queries you have. Do a search as well as the topic comes up quite a lot.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a mill for ALL the info. I actually have a projector myself with 2 metre screen, but the fact that I do a lot of gaming I am currently in the process of purchasing Sony 52 inch Z series, hence the HDMI cable. Also own Onkyo606, Panasonic BD35, Sony 40 inch v series and Jamo D6PTX. The infinius cable looks good ?!!? Thanks again !!

A

Anonymous

I bought a 25 foot HDMI cable about a month ago from cabletrain.com and so far it works perfectly. It is a thicker (24awg) cable so it is getting a strong signal.

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4:
Usually the errors (if any) that are encountered with long length hdmi cables are sparklies or simply no picture at all. I can highly recommend the octava cables or bettercables (I use one for my projector run) at tmfsolutions, hdcable or bluejeanscables. These guys have a good reputation and guarantee the cables and should be considerably cheaper than QED. Mark Grant also comes highly recommended and actually tests each individual cable. I would make sure you test the cable before chasing it in a wall in a permanent install.

There is a handy guide on HDMI cables HERE which should hopefully answer any queries you have. Do a search as well as the topic comes up quite a lot.

All of these brands etc, logic of "all HDMI cables are the same" etc is very heavily pushed by "AnotherForum".

Bear in mind these brands advertise heavily there and therefore the so called "user reviews" are as susceptible to bias as "What HiFi?" is accused of by them.

IMHO, check out "What HiFi?" first and get yourself an expert review's opinion.

the smoke:d4v3pum4:

All of these brands etc, logic of "all HDMI cables are the same" etc is very heavily pushed by "AnotherForum".

Bear in mind these brands advertise heavily there and therefore the so called "user reviews" are as susceptible to bias as "What HiFi?" is accused of by them.

emotion-43.gif

All I can say is that I haven't found any difference between freebie Sky HDMI cable, £4.99 ThatCable, £40 QED Performance HDMI & Chord Supershield HDMI cable that I got for What Hi-Fi subscription.

My opinion is to check a £5 cable first & compare it with a more expensive HDMI cable bought from a shop with returns policy & check for yourself if you note a difference & if the extra cost is worth the performance improvement, if any.

I'm not sure about the "other forum", but there are articles & scientific tests online as well, which suggest the same. You can search my previous posts for the tests, articles etc.

Some people note a difference & some don't. Just buy a cable you're most happy & comfortable with (many won't be comfortable buying a £5 cable for their £10000 system).

PS: On that note, even I'm not entirely comfortable buying a £0.01 cable available on Amazon & Ebay, £5 is my minimum limit
emotion-5.gif

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
the smoke:d4v3pum4:

This is what forums are for i.e. sharing opinions. However, it seems that you have joined this one, then deliberately searched for topics relating to one particular cable supplier (currently 3 out of your 5 posts are slating his cables but I'll bet you've never bought any) or another forum and then attacked members of other forums calling them idiots. I don't know what your agenda is but I have my suspicions. Starting to look like a shil.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts