Question Advice for best fit ear buds

7bitretro

Jun 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi All

After a little advice and guidance on finding the right fit wireless ear buds. I've always struggled for some reason for in-ear headphones/ear buds to get a really good and comfortable fit and looking to replace my current Melomania 1+ over the next few months. I seem to have one troublesome ear canal that doesn't like either a medium or small tip (large are too big)

Melomania 1+ with the memory foam tips have been 'Ok' but can take a fair bit of wiggling around and pressure to get a decent seal to appreciate the sound.

Considering the Sony WF-1000XM5 or Bose QuietComfort Ultra... XM5's might simply have the same problem but the Bose seem to have a slightly different approach to fitting, so wondering if anyone has had similar issues with a good outcome? Do any suppliers offer return if the fit isn't right or store test?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi All

After a little advice and guidance on finding the right fit wireless ear buds. I've always struggled for some reason for in-ear headphones/ear buds to get a really good and comfortable fit and looking to replace my current Melomania 1+ over the next few months. I seem to have one troublesome ear canal that doesn't like either a medium or small tip (large are too big)

Melomania 1+ with the memory foam tips have been 'Ok' but can take a fair bit of wiggling around and pressure to get a decent seal to appreciate the sound.

Considering the Sony WF-1000XM5 or Bose QuietComfort Ultra... XM5's might simply have the same problem but the Bose seem to have a slightly different approach to fitting, so wondering if anyone has had similar issues with a good outcome? Do any suppliers offer return if the fit isn't right or store test?

Thanks
Do you need noise cancelling?

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Size of the device itself is primary for fit, for me, and reliable continuous fit is primary for earbuds. I require earbuds that do not require regular adjustment from even minor shifting. I've settled happily on the Anker Soundcore Space A40s. They are smaller than most options, and the stock tip is fine on the right ear, and I installed a silicon smaller tip for a comfortable and reliable/steady fit on the left. They are also feature-rich (excellent ANC, multi-point, etc.) and most importantly, are equipped with LDAC which is critical for me since it's the only codec that has convinced this long-term wired-only ear and headphone guy to consider wireless for music.

I tried the Sony XM4s only, and they were just too big for me and kept moving/shifting on me despite good tip fit. Their sound quality and ANC were no better than the compact A40s. The battery life was especially superior for the Soundcores, even with LDAC implemented full-time because I use them exclusively for music -usually with my HiBy DAP and occasionally my Samsung phone; it lasts for hours and recharges quickly several times in the case (which itself charges wirelessly). I don't know how the XM5s would compare, but I have no interest in shopping for options now.

Finally, while I still prefer headphones for overall comfort, the smallness and continuous fit of the A40 allow me to use them even in bed as I lull myself toward sleep occasionally with my favorite late-night plays. These earbuds are terrific finds and buys for me, and you may want to include them in your shopping and trialing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts