Question Advance Acoustics X-I60 or IOTAVX SA03 or Emotiva BasX TA-100?

JoelOman

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
Hello Forum!

I have list of pretty compareable amps to look deeper into:

Advance Acoustics X-I60 (3990SEK ~£321)

IOTAVX SA3 (£399 ~4962SEK)

Emotiva BasX TA-100 (5990SEK ~£481, although it's only $399 ~3995SEK in the US... :p)

So which one should I consider? They have similar properties and they all look rather stylish...
Aiming to combine them with either Triangle BOREA BR03 or Elac Debut B6.2 or Paradigm Monitor SE Atom.

Thanks!
/best regards

Joel Öman

Hello Forum!

I have list of pretty compareable amps to look deeper into:

Advance Acoustics X-I60 (3990SEK ~£321)

IOTAVX SA3 (£399 ~4962SEK)

Emotiva BasX TA-100 (5990SEK ~£481, although it's only $399 ~3995SEK in the US... :p)

So which one should I consider? They have similar properties and they all look rather stylish...
Aiming to combine them with either Triangle BOREA BR03 or Elac Debut B6.2 or Paradigm Monitor SE Atom.

Thanks!
/best regards

Joel Öman
The only one I have heard is the Emotiva and that was pretty good in my opinion.
Not heard with those speakers though of which I would think the Elac would come close to what I heard although it would appear the Triangles are getting rave reviews as well.
The Advance Acoustics is little known with few dealers at the moment but should be good, I have been looking at the Advance Paris Myconnect 150 recently.
Never heard of Iotavx

Last edited:
Reactions: JoelOman

JoelOman

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
The only one I have heard is the Emotiva and that was pretty good in my opinion.
Not heard with those speakers though of which I would think the Elac would come close to what I heard although it would appear the Triangles are getting rave reviews as well.

Thanks AI.

I've heard only the Paradigms, hooked up to the Marantz PM-6006 and that sounded rather lovely. But it was a fairly large listening room, bigger than mine at home and lacked a bit of the "ompf"... The Triangles are supposed to be quite good on the ompf part, especially as bookshelfs go. Combined with a heavy amp... (all of these amps also support pre-out)

Reactions: Al ears
I have updated my previous post. The main issue might be do you have a dealer near you that stocks any of these as if they develop a fault and you have to ship them somewhere it could get expensive. I have a preference for Elacs because they are designed by Andrew Jones who is a bit of a wizard and bring front ported are easier to place in small rooms.

Last edited:

JoelOman

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
I have updated my previous post. The main issue might be do you have a dealer near you that stocks any of these as if they develop a fault and you have to ship them somewhere it could get expensive.

Ok, well, both Emotiva and Advance Acoustics are sold in my hometown through dealers with warranty of course. IOTAVX is ONLY sold though IOTA Enterprices themselves. But they are in the UK and service is apparently excellent. Free shipping aso. (when ordering)

IOTAVX is a bit like Emotiva, a young brand that is audio enthusiasts/legends making their own style of amps.
Both are very much alike featurewise/soundwise also.

Ok, well, both Emotiva and Advance Acoustics are sold in my hometown through dealers with warranty of course. IOTAVX is ONLY sold though IOTA Enterprices themselves. But they are in the UK and service is apparently excellent. Free shipping aso. (when ordering)

IOTAVX is a bit like Emotiva, a young brand that is audio enthusiasts/legends making their own style of amps.
Both are very much alike featurewise/soundwise also.

Thanks,
I will look into them.

D

Deleted member 116933

IOTA actually have an interesting history and has big name designer behind them and they have many upgrade paths, the design is well sorted with a massive transformers in use, I suspect there stated 45watts will sound much bigger. They can also be run in bridged mono mode increasing its power.

TBH out of all those listed that would be on top of my list. They have a very naim way about them. What's to loose i suspect they have a really good return policy being online only.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts