Adding Hifi to home cinema with Yamaha Receiver...Help Please.

Wozzer

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone and thanks in advance..

I want to move my hifi system (with an Ion Oblisk amp) into my lounge but only want to run one set of speakers.

Ive watched the video on how to add hifi to home cinema and seen that pre outs are the way to go.

I have a Yamaha RX-V565 reciever.

http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=au.yamaha.com&asset_id=23029

I can only see a pre out for a subwoofer.

Can someone more tech minded tell me if there are other inputs/outputs I can use?

There is a audio out (L&R) and it mentions analogue input into Audio sockets 1-2.

There is also a direct hifi mode on the unit.

Thanks!

Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I can see your problem. My guess would be that the audio output ports are not pre-outs or they would be labled as such and are likely to be outputing a processed stereo signal. That said I can't see the point of having a processed analogue L/R output as they would have to be connected to another device.

It might be that your best option would be to give Yamaha a ring and ask them. Saves spending your pennies on a stereo amp to find it doesn't work.

Nathan

Hifi Sound

May 6, 2016
Visit site
The outputs from your Yamaha amp are a fixed level stereo output so unfortunatley you won't be able to run a second amp as you wnated to. The only solution I can see is to change the A/V amp I'm afraid.

Barry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts