Adding Bluetooth Audio to a Stereo amplifier

Stu18

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
HI Guys
I'm new to this forum and have a question I hope someone can answer for me:

i want to make my stereo amplifier Bluetooth so that I can listen to anything that is connected to it through my Bluetooth enabled headphones.

can I connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the headphone output on the front of the amplifier ? or does it needed to be connected to an RCA connection on the back of my amplifier ?

if it does need to be connected to RCA connectors on the amplifier does it still work when the RCA connectors the Bluetooth transmitter is connected to are not selected on the amplifier because if i want to listen to a CD for instance I will need to select a different set of RCA connectors.

That is it in a nut shell really

thanks for your assistance

Simon 13th note

BANNED
Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
HI Guys
I'm new to this forum and have a question I hope someone can answer for me:

i want to make my stereo amplifier Bluetooth so that I can listen to anything that is connected to it through my Bluetooth enabled headphones.

can I connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the headphone output on the front of the amplifier ? or does it needed to be connected to an RCA connection on the back of my amplifier ?

if it does need to be connected to RCA connectors on the amplifier does it still work when the RCA connectors the Bluetooth transmitter is connected to are not selected on the amplifier because if i want to listen to a CD for instance I will need to select a different set of RCA connectors.

That is it in a nut shell really

thanks for your assistance

Good question. You could use a Bluetooth dongle that connects to the 3.5mm or 1/4 inch headphone connection. It would obviously convert the analogue to digital for transmitting to the headphones. Alternatively if the CD player has a digital out and it's the main source then an adapter could use that connection.

Reactions: Stu18

Stu18

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
Good question. You could use a Bluetooth dongle that connects to the 3.5mm or 1/4 inch headphone connection. It would obviously convert the analogue to digital for transmitting to the headphones. Alternatively if the CD player has a digital out and it's the main source then an adapter could use that connection.
Thank you for your helpful reply... my quandary now is do I Bluetooth my CD player which does have a digital out or do go I via the headphone socket route,

my headphones can connect to two Bluetooth devices at once but not three, and i already have my headphones twinned with my Android Phone and my PC..if i went via the headphone socket of the amplifier, i could do away with PC Bluetooth dongle on my PC as my PC sound goes via my Amplifier and i would still then only have two Bluetooth connections.

if i connected just my CD player then i would have three Bluetooth connections which might be a bit of a pain however I guess the bit rate would be higher and the sound quality superior by this method

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts