Adding a DVD recorder.

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
I,ve just gone to Virgin Medias basic digital tv box.

Its connected to the tv by scart and to a yamaha processor by scart with a 6 phono lead into this.

Any recomendations as to connection a panasonic(DMR ez27eb) dvd recorder to the set up?

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
James

I have a a Panasonic DMR EX85 much older than yours but I record of Sky+ box via its scart input it also records via its own freeview. As your virgin has two scarts connect the 2nd to the Pansonic and take the sound from that to your Yamaha. Also the Pansonic will upscale to your tv via HDMI you should compare 720p and !080p to see which setting is best with your TV, the settings are in the"functions" menu then "others" and then "setup" and then "connection" on my Panasonic.

Best wishes

Chris

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
I'll have a look tomorrow( just setting ready for work)it id mention RF leads in the recorder manual but i presumme thats not needed anywhere.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
James

Connect your aerial to the aerial in socket on the panasonic and the aerial out to your tv aerial socket you will need an extra lead for this. That way the pansonic can receive a freeview signal and likewise your tv will be find freeview channels as well.

Hope this helps

Chris

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Didn't get anything done yesterday , still abit unsure connection wise.

cable input scart(vcr) ant in

scart((tv) RF out

The above are the main connections as they appear on the back of the unit the "ant in"is not used but does have a cable its the threaded sheaf type with the 1 pin in the middle.

So i'm not to sure cable/connection wise at the minute.

The digital box is a samsung smt 2110c if thats of any help.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
1) You need to connect the scart out from samsung box to the scart in on the Panasonic so you can back up programmes you have recorded. Remember the quality is limited by the scart connection and recording setting you use eg SP will record 2 hours to a DVD.

2) If you can connect the Panasonic to your tv via HDMI you will be using the best connection possible. The next best are component leads but I assume you bought it for its HDMI connection.

3) So you can record from the Panasonic's freeview tuner it must have an aerial sometimes called RF IN and then you tune all the tv channels mine is a very good tuner! You press the "functions" press "others" press "setup" under Tuning select "Auto Setup Restart" this should find all the tv and radio channels in your area I get 100 channels in total where I live. Often when you first start using the machine and it finds an aerial signal it will tune itself automatically but I have told you the other way just in case.

4) Connect an aerial lead to aerial out or RF out of the Panasonic and connect the lead to the TVs RF in or aerial in so it can receive TV channels.

Best Wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts