Add another Power Amp?

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

As per my sig, I have my integrated amp running to the LF terminals and the X Power running to the HF terminals. Does anyone reckon that I would see a significant improvement by spending £500-£600 on another X Power (with a view to getting a dedicated pre-amp in future)?

A

Anonymous

Personally I wouldn't bother

What I would do though is save for a nice pre, sell you power and get some lovely mono's :D

T

the record spot

Well, he's already halfway there as the X can be used in mono mode. Why sell when he can just buy another X and use it in bridged mono? Then he'll have 140wpc to each speaker in bridged mono mode. Then save up and buy a pre-amp - if that's the particular way the OP wants to go of course.
small-logo.png

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
the record spot said:
Well, he's already halfway there as the X can be used in mono mode. Why sell when he can just buy another X and use it in bridged mono? Then he'll have 140wpc to each speaker in bridged mono mode. Then save up and buy a pre-amp - if that's the particular way the OP wants to go of course.
small-logo.png

That was exactly my thought The R.S, just not sure what the sonic benefits would be; a demo is obviously a must but just wondered if anyone could give an informed opinion?

Currently listening to: Pearl Jam: No Code

A

Anonymous

the record spot said:
small-logo.png

Apologies didn't think of that

Do as Record Spot suggested :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts