ADC to DAC

geraldwoollard

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I wish to connect adc directly to dac so that I can transmit audio as digital pulse's , I thus bought these [Analog RCA L/R Audio Converter Adapter to Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink] AND [Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink Signal to Analog Audio Converter Adapter RCA FT] from Ebay, these have the same sample rates and only audio and digital inputs & outputs so I thought a simple job of connecting digital output of one to digital input of the other and I should be able to send audio from one unit to the other but it don't work WHY NOT ???
OK I will eventually use the coaxial connection ,but firstly I'm using Toslink digital I/O, and yes I can see the red glow from the Toslink output of the ADC, the cable is about a meter long ,when I connect the Toslink I just get a high pitch digital signal, many thanks – Gerald Woollard

geraldwoollard

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
HI the idea is to transmit the digtal pulse as this transmit much further and easer ,so the tx has the adc and the rx has the dac,

many thanks for the interest ....Gerald

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I see what you're trying to do.
Have you tried using the coaxial connection on the DAC?
Do you have the ADC and the DAC set to the same sampling rate?
I'm guessing these are the low cost Chinese ones from eBay. Do they come with any instructions?

geraldwoollard

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Good news,

I have now got the adc to dac working,

the fault was a blob of solder shorting out pins on the surface mount chip,

so now to try with a rx and tx......Gerald

TRENDING THREADS