Active Topics

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
relocated - I think the simple answer, as has been said before, is that there are lots of things we want to change and improve on the site but we can't do them all at once. We're making changes as often as we can and working through our backlog, but realistically the Forums are only a small part of that backlog. Changes to the Forums were prioritised at the back end of last year after the relaunch on the back of many of your comments on here. We have since had to focus on other areas, not all of which may be obvious to everyone, but which are every bit as important as issues on the Forums. The Forums are part of a much bigger website, lest we forget.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
shutterstock_3496167-e1360174090647.jpg

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Joe Cox said:
relocated - I think the simple answer, as has been said before, is that there are lots of things we want to change and improve on the site but we can't do them all at once. We're making changes as often as we can and working through our backlog, but realistically the Forums are only a small part of that backlog. Changes to the Forums were prioritised at the back end of last year after the relaunch on the back of many of your comments on here. We have since had to focus on other areas, not all of which may be obvious to everyone, but which are every bit as important as issues on the Forums. The Forums are part of a much bigger website, lest we forget.

Joe perhaps you would be good enough to give direct answers to:-

Is it not possible to have a 'drop-down' menu of Forum categories, like in Reviews and News, because that would at least take one slow action out of the equation? I've never understood why it wasn't created in the first place.

Edit: Can you also enlighten me on the seemingly purposeless "Your comment has been posted" banner/pop-up, that I asked about earlier and soon after it first appeared when the 'Upgrade' was done?

Thanking you in anticipation.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
relocated said:
Bumped, as my questions have got lost in a sea of concern by Lhc as to my mental health. Bless his little cotton socks.

I just asked a simple question, if you don't answer it then apparently I have to keep on at you until you do. It's a principle or an old charter or a tradition or something...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Relocated will be complaining that the forum is the wrong shade of white next. *smile*

No he won't. I seek answers to questions I have, knowing full well that Forums and so specific areas of the Forums are low down on WHF priorities, or suggestions that might help. If only those direct questions ever got an answer, instead of a repetition of stating the obvious, then I wouldn't have to keep asking them?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
relocated said:
The_Lhc said:
relocated said:
Bumped, as my questions have got lost in a sea of concern by Lhc as to my mental health. Bless his little cotton socks.

I just asked a simple question, if you don't answer it then apparently I have to keep on at you until you do. It's a principle or an old charter or a tradition or something...

Don't blame me, I'm just following your lead, look:

relocated said:
I ask pertinent questions or highlight failures, to be helpful. In return, I expect the good manners of a reply. When that doesn't happen I follow it up until I do.

That was you, back on page 3 of this thread, so that's what I'm doing, I asked you a question, you refuse to reply, so I'll follow it up until you do. That appears to be the principle you're so attached to.

It's not even like it's a difficult question; why does this website's failings matter so much to you? That's all I want to know. If I had an answer to that I'd go away.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
relocated said:
The_Lhc said:
relocated said:

relocated said:
I ask pertinent questions or highlight failures, to be helpful. In return, I expect the good manners of a reply. When that doesn't happen I follow it up until I do.

That was you, back on page 3 of this thread, so that's what I'm doing, I asked you a question, you refuse to reply, so I'll follow it up until you do. That appears to be the principle you're so attached to.

It's not even like it's a difficult question; why does this website's failings matter so much to you? That's all I want to know. If I had an answer to that I'd go away.

For god sake grow up Lhc. I have no interest in having any form of intercourse with you.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
relocated said:
The_Lhc said:
relocated said:
The_Lhc said:
relocated said:

relocated said:

For god sake grow up Lhc. I have no interest in having any form of intercourse with you.

Funny that, that's very similar to what I imagine the WHF staff think every time you ask the same questions again and again. I'd have thought it was obvious by now that they aren't going to give you the answers that you want (perhaps they can't answer the questions?), so this crusade of yours is as pointless as anything I'm doing here.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
relocated said:
Joe Cox said:

Joe perhaps you would be good enough to give direct answers to:-

Is it not possible to have a 'drop-down' menu of Forum categories, like in Reviews and News, because that would at least take one slow action out of the equation? I've never understood why it wasn't created in the first place.

Edit: Can you also enlighten me on the seemingly purposeless "Your comment has been posted" banner/pop-up, that I asked about earlier and soon after it first appeared when the 'Upgrade' was done?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Needed a bump because some people seem to want to drown out my very simple questions. I can't see the difficulty in answering a couple of simple questions.

daveh75

relocated said:

I can't think of a single forum i've ever used that does that. I'm willing to bet you can't either...

A

Anderson

daveh75 said:
relocated said:

I can't think of a single forum i've ever used that does that. I'm willing to bet you can't either...

avforums

avsforums

hifiwigwam

pinkfishmedia

You can do this in 95% of all vBulletin and XenForo forums.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This forum is FREE to use. Yes WHF will be generating revenue via sponsored links etc. however, it is down to them to make changes to this forum in line with user demand and more importantly, their budgets.

Unlike other forums, i like this forum and it is very simple and easy to navigate. Some forums have too much in them, so let's keep it simple and more importantly, there is more to life than worrying and moaning about this site. Let's think about more positive and pro-active things in life such as poverty, hunger etc etc etc. put your energy into other things rather than tearing a strip of each other..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts