Acrylic overkill?

My TT has an acrylic platter, (and plinth) but a few weeks ago, I grabbed an SRM/TECH acrylic platter mat, it was a decent price, so thought what the hell.

the most noticeable thing since using it is the complete disappearance of static, and the pops and clicks! I have used my TT with the supplied mat, and also bare, but always had static. This little addition is great. I wasn't really expecting anything different, but it is very effective. Quite a little bargain. And as a bonus it looks great too.

thescarletpronster said:
You'd better buy some acrylic LPs to complete the picture.

:) I see a zerostat sale coming up here.

If you buy a turntable built out of anything that can hold static charge then you are an idiot , placing something else in the equation that can also d o do the same is crazy.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:
You'd better buy some acrylic LPs to complete the picture.

:) I see a zerostat sale coming up here.

If you buy a turntable built out of anything that can hold static charge then you are an idiot , placing something else in the equation that can also d o do the same is crazy.

For the sake of education, which materials cannot hold a static charge?

D

Deleted member 108165

Since cleaning all my records using a Knosti with home-brew solution, (plus new poly-lined sleeves), my static issues are now a thing of the past.

If you think the Marantz was bad you should have seen the size of the static discharges I used to get when I used the Pioneer with the standard rubber mat *shok*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts