Acoustic energy Linear 3 or Mordaunt Short 906i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've been into a lcal store and they have a pair of AE Linear 3's for £150 which seems really cheap, the chap said they were brilliant. How did AE linear 3 compare to Mordaunt's?

I am willing to buy ae linear 3 if their bass is better than mordaunt short 906i that I currently have.

At the moment I intend to plug them into an Marantz Pm7200.

Thanks for any help and advice

A

Anonymous

If you can up your budget to £200.00, I'd recommend the MA BR2's - excellent bass.

A

Anonymous

I prefer to stick with floorstanding speakers as my living room is pretty big. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I had a look on acoustic's energy specifications and I thought that may be much better than Mordaunt's in vocals and bass. My mordaunt's are pretty new ( hardly run in) therefore 150 pounds is my limit.

matthewpiano

I'd stick with the 906is. The BR2s wouldn't come close IMO. I had a pair and never grew very fond of them. The top end isn't a patch on Mordaunt-Shorts and I never really understand what all the fuss is about. They get so much attention and yet I find the now fairly old Mission 760s far more interesting to listen to. The AEs might give you more bass but you'll lose detail and the trademark Mordaunt-Short excitement in the process.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts