B&W Dm602 S3 Vs Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3

Michaelholder1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Alright there!

I have recently been considering selling my Dm600 Series S3 set up, which comprises of the dm602 S3 mains, dm601 S3 rears, and the S3 centre, in order to change to the Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 5.1 set up. This is nothing against the Dm600 series speakers, I love them, but I have recently seen the Acoustic Energy speakers on ebay a lot and they go for nothing, the mains, surrounds, and rears can all be bought sub £200. When considering I could probably sell my rears alone for that price and as far as I am aware they were all roughly similar quality and age it seems like a good change.

So was just wondering what people's opinions on the evos were, as far as I'm aware they were 5* rated speakers so Im looking for more answers relative to the Dm600 S3 series speakers. I have a feeling they were actually more expensive speakers than the B&Ws, so why is it they go for so much less 2nd hand?

Also, on a side note, I was looking at upgrading my speaker cable as I am currrently just using a cheap reel of 12AWG copper cable. Just any reccommendations on some cable which can be bought for circa £3-5 per metre second hand. Also any reccommendations on banana plug and spade terminals which can be crimped and/or soldered.

The speakers will be run with the Denon AVR-2310.

Cheers for any help!

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts