Acoustic Energy Aelite Two - Any Good?

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

Any info on these speakers? How much were they came out? Seen them for £250 now.

Would they suit my system. Don't want anything too bright

Cheers

System Rotel RCD971CD, Nad Preamp 1155, 2 x Nad 2200PE mono blocs,

A

Anonymous

I have them as my rear channel. They were £350 originally, and very well regarded. WHF gave the Aelite 5.1 system and Aelite 3s 5/5 when they revewed it last year. A more recent review of the Aelite 3s published on the website has concluded that they are now only a 3 star product. I havent heard a huge amount from them being my rear channel, but they seem quite powerful, and I wouldnt say theyre bright. Newer speakers are probably better though, but then you will pay a premium so its a tough choice. Build quality and finishing certainly is excellent on the Aelites, though. Obviously its subjective, but I think theyre good looking. I know its more money, but I would give the B&W 685s a go personally. I have heard them in sevenoaks and they seem very good.

A

Anonymous

Apologies, that was a misunderstanding. My rear channel comprises Aelite 1s. It looks like the Aelite 2s have the same drive units as my Aelite 3s, which are pretty good. The speakers have great scale and go loud effortlessly without losing composure. These things may not be your proirities as you intend to use them in a hifi system where mine are in a movie set up, but feel free to ask me questions if you think it will help you.

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Lewis P,

Just received delivery of my Aelite 2's (second hand though) today. Got them in Cherry. Beautiful looking piece of kit. Picked up my Atacama SE24 stands (another bargain!) today. Working nights so hope to set up tomorrow. Can't wait and will keep you posted as to how they sound in my system!

Thanks

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Just set up and am enjoying my Aelite 2s

They sound a perfect match for my system. They've taken away any unwanted shrill/edginess i've experienced with most of my previous speakers. They've definitely tamed my NAD amplification.

Some may think they're a bit on the warm/safe side and perhaps not the ultimate in detail but they will go loud with no listening fatigue! The acid test for me is an old CD copy of Dio "Holy Diver" which was very shrill, edgy and almost unlistenable with previuos speakers and I've managed to play the whole album without reaching for the asprins!!. The 2s have definitely tamed the harsh treble. I'm looking forwad to many many hours of pleasurable and loud listening without my ears ringing!!!

Just have to improve on speaker cables...Any suggestions as using a cheap flat Gale cable bi-wired at present?

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts