Acoustic Energy Aego M, Logic3 Jivebox or iRythms A-211??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I want to buy my partner 1 of the above speakers for his birthday, but am really torn between which to go for (and need to order something today for it to arrive in time). I've spent weeks reading reviews for all but can't find them in one place so it's hard to do a comparison. Volume & clarity is really important - which would you recommend? I've found them all for a very similar price. Which do you recommend?

Thanks for your advice!

A

Anonymous

I have an Aego M set-up in my living room as a second system, with an iPod dock sitting close to the sub (which has the input terminals). I'm delighted with it - just terrific sound for the money. Only negative is that it has no remote control for the volume. I also recommend the wall brackets for the little satellite speakers, which you have to order separately from Acoustic Energy - they are very discreet. Though not necessary, I upgraded the interconnect cable between the iPod and the sub and the sound improved significantly - so this little system really has great musical ability.

A

Anonymous

I went for the Aego M and am glad to hear you rate it. Which interconnect cable did you go for? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I feel the Aego M tends to present music relatively 'brightly'. I started off with a QED Qunex 2, which is a good value for money, neutral sounding cable. Then I tried a couple of higher priced cables from my main system, simply out of interest. Both opened up the soundstage further and made a more compelling listen: First was a Merlin Chopin, which offered masses of top end detail - too fatiguing to listen to longterm, in my opinion, in this setup. Then tried an Ecosse Baton - terrific bass weight and more natural balance. It was such a good match, I now use this cable ongoing. It may seem like tremendous overkill, partnering the Aego M (~£100) with a cable of ~£70, but I feel the improvement in detail, separation and bass definintion is worth the extra outlay. It sounds terrific.

A

Anonymous

I recently purchased a 16GB ipod touch and was looking for a relatively good dock to compliment it. Can you suggest anything around £100-£150 with good sound quality and looks.

I have been looking at the Logic3 JiveBox and was wondering if it was any good?

A

Anonymous

I have the Aego's as my PC speakers and they're cracking, the bass particuarly is impressive. Blends in very well with the overall sound. Good choice!

Though the price seems to have gone up since i bought mine about 2 years ago. Are there different versions? A family friend has an identical looking set but the satellites felt much lighter.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to dig up an old thread (was having my first browse round these parts in months - been very busy!), the difference in weight you felt in the satellites was due to a running change from zinc to aluminium - zinc being heavy, aluminium light. Acoustically there are differences as both materials have different resonances, but these are definitely small rather than outright changes - in listening we felt they offered similar performance with subtle changes in "flavour" - neither particularly outdoing the other.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts