AccuRadio.com (The Spotify Of Radio!)

I've been listening to AccuRadio of late and i have to say it is very good indeed :) The serivice is free, with five hundred channels, ability to customize channels etc. and (despite some compression) good sound quality too :)

In fact i've found listening to AccuRadio enjoyable enough that i haven't even used Spotify for a quite a while now :D

http://www.accuradio.com/

Share your favourite AccuRadio radio stations, Artists, albums and tracks starting here :D

Station : Chill

Title: Soopertrack
Artist: Extrawelt
Album: Soopertrack
Label: Border Community
Year: 2005

Title: Life Has a Way
Artist: Smith & Mighty
Album: Electroburn
Composer: Rose / Decordova / Lee
Label: Surge Recordings
Year: 2002

Title: Tragamar
Artist: Nils Petter Molvaer
Album: Solid Ether
Composer: Molvaer
Label: ECM
Year: 2001

Title: Linienbusse
Artist: Studio Pankow
Album: Linienbusse
Composer:
Label: City Centre Offices

Title: Soopertrack
Artist: Extrawelt
Album: Soopertrack
Label: Border Community

Watch the bass drivers on your speakers having a severe work out :grin: :twisted:

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Streams at 32 KBPS which they themselves admit [in a very odd turn of phrase] 'is not quite a quality level that most consumers feel is a substitute for CD ownership'.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't work the same as TuneIn as far as I can see

For a start when you pick a genre you start listening from the beginning of a track, and you can skip tracks. It's more like like having an online jukebox on random than online radio.

Just a shame the SQ is a bit naff. Mind you it's no worse than many of the Freeview radio channels.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I like Nexus radio. Thousands of channels, at a variety of bit rates up from 48 - 192, and a nifty record function that records all the tracks to your HDD as individual tracks, including artist and track tags, and cuts out the DJ talkie bits. I leave it recording every night and then in the morning I download the tracks that have been recorded to my phone for me to play while i'm at work.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Trying it now, I actually must say SQ is pretty good even with cheap headphones plugged into PC :D!

Can't wait to feel the difference tomorrow when my set will be delivered...Vincent SV-129 on Monitor Audio Silver RX6 and DAC Arcam!!!

Thanks for this link, it goes straight into my favorities ;)

I don't know what AccuRadio are putting into their 32kbps cornflakes but it sure is doing the trick nicely :rockout:

I listened to the following tracks today through a pair of GX50's and the bass and dynamics were just superb :grin:

Title: Melanie
Artist: Jonas Bering
Album: Total 7
Label: Kompakt
Year: 2006

Title: Buhda
Artist: Wayne Eardley
Album: Big Garden
Label: Yardsail Records

Btw, acalex i hope you enjoy the performance of your new system for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the recommendation Rick, just listneing to the Indie Rock channel and love it. Cannot wait to play this through decent set up...btw any ideas on what I should be looking for, celebrating my 40th this year and want a set up to get the best sound quality....was thinking along the lines of Sonos system with Spotify, I take it you can stream from AccuRadio to Sonos speakers..it will just be for a small square room to start.

Couple of artists never heard but sounded great were...

Cave Singers

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

What is your set up if you don't mind me asking?.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Found myself listening to its 70s shuffle channel yesterday afternon via my Mac Mini which is connected to my main HiFi. Maybe I was a touch too eager to diss the SQ: I found it sounded pretty good from the Mac. Not sure why when I first listened to it on Friday night on my HP PC it sounded much poorer, even taking into consideration that the PC sounds worse to begin with.

marplesl said:
Thanks for the recommendation Rick, just listneing to the Indie Rock channel and love it. Cannot wait to play this through decent set up...btw any ideas on what I should be looking for, celebrating my 40th this year and want a set up to get the best sound quality....was thinking along the lines of Sonos system with Spotify, I take it you can stream from AccuRadio to Sonos speakers..it will just be for a small square room to start.

Couple of artists never heard but sounded great were...

Cave Singers

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

What is your set up if you don't mind me asking?.

Hi marplesl

Your welcome.

Yes, the Indie channel is excellent :) Future Perfect Radio is also spot on :)

I can't help you with the Sonos as i've got very little hands on experience with their products. Sorry :( Hopefully someone else can assist you with this :)

As i write this the components which make up the system that is currently playing in the background are a Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC, Densen Beat B-200 Plus pre amplifier, Krell FPB600 power amplifier and Monitor Audio GX50 speakers.

Btw, i've just been listening to this -

Title: Stem (Cops 'n' Robbers)

Artist: DJ Shadow

Album: Stem

Label: Mowax

Scary stuff :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

This sounded interesting, but after 30 seconds I had to switch off. The quality is dire. I did a straight test against a spotify track and the difference is, for want of a better phrase..."night and day".

Shame.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
I don't know what AccuRadio are putting into their 32kbps cornflakes but it sure is doing the trick nicely :rockout:

I listened to the following tracks today through a pair of GX50's and the bass and dynamics were just superb :grin:

Title: Melanie
Artist: Jonas Bering
Album: Total 7
Label: Kompakt
Year: 2006

Title: Buhda
Artist: Wayne Eardley
Album: Big Garden
Label: Yardsail Records

Btw, acalex i hope you enjoy the performance of your new system for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

I really hope so as well! :)

Thanks btw!

Another superb track on AccuRadio -

Title: Re-Arrange (The Cinematic Orchestra Remix)
Artist: DJ Krust
Album: Remixes 1998 - 2000
Label: Ninja Tune
Year: 2000

One of the best tracks i've ever heard, the best on AccuRadio and features awesome bass throughout :grin:

Another excellent track -

Title: Water Drums
Artist: Union Jack
Album: Art of Chill
Label: Platipus

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Musicraft, and everyone who's contributed to this thread and shared their thoughts.

I work for AccuRadio. By way of background, we're a very small company, with resources to cover only the most basic business needs (office rent, payroll for our small staff, and bandwidth and very significant royalty costs). That's only to say that we don't (yet!) have the financial backing to aggressively expand our offering.

I agree (but then again, I'm biased) that the streams sound remarkably good given our bandwidth usage. Also, as we've built our music library, we've stored high-bandwidth versions of everything, so as it becomes more realistic for us to stream at higher rates, we can easily do that.

Thanks for letting me chime in!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts