ac power and my bdt-300 bluray player

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
hi guys , i have a question for the more enlightened than I... I have a bluray player and a ac few cables ,my question is ,isit better to use the best ac power chord i have on the bluray player? as im using both HDMI outs ,1 to the hdtv and the othe to the audio in on my av amp. im thinking the picture quality will improve and the dynamics in sound will improve . Is this a better way to go rather than use the best ac chord into my amp where sound i the only thing to really benifet , hooking the bluray player allows me to feed better power to it and then send a better audio signal to my reciever and better picture to my HDTV...im using ok ac on all my equipment ,just that the eichmann ac express is the best of them all.

hope this makes sense to someone as i would rather have a increased picture and imagine audio as well than just audio alone.

regards

bass-boy

1) A different AC power cord won't make any difference.

2) Using both HDMIs also won't make a difference. You can use just 1 HDMI to send both audio & video to the AV receiver.

Just keep it simple for the best possible performance.

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
cheers , i have noticed better contrast levels though and can you run hdmi throught he 1900 for 3d , i was told it would not pass through a 3d signal thats why i bought the bdt300 as has been mentioned by many because ability to use excisting reciever and not upgrade .

thanks

bass-boy68 said:
cheers , i have noticed better contrast levels though and can you run hdmi throught he 1900 for 3d , i was told it would not pass through a 3d signal thats why i bought the bdt300 as has been mentioned by many because ability to use excisting reciever and not upgrade .

thanks

Ok, for 3D that's the only way as 1900 is not 3D compatible.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi bass boy,have you noticed any diffrence when swapping you cables on your blueray player.have you tryed experiment with changing the power chords over,if you look at russ andrews web site people that had bought he's power chords that say ,not only does it improve the sound but also the picture when upgrading to a better power chord.my best advice is to experiment for yourself as you will get mixed reviews with cables ,some will say cables make no diffrence,and some will say ,it's night and day diffrence.david

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi bass boy,as you can dee big boss has found a review against russ andrews products ,this was point ,trust your own eyes and ears,and you judge whats better or worse.david

davidvann said:
hi bass boy,as you can dee big boss has found a review against russ andrews products ,this was point ,trust your own eyes and ears,and you judge whats better or worse.david

Correction: it's not a review, but a ruling by Advertising Standards Authority.

By all means, demo it for yourself, but make sure you're backed up by a decent returns policy.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi bassboy,checkout what hifi reviews on mains cables i.e russ andrews fig 8 mains cable.i dont work for russ andrews ,but have bought some of his products,to say i have always been happy with his cables.at the end of the day you have to be the one that makes the chose.david

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
hi there and thanks for the response , yes i have tried swapping the cables over just recently and yes there is an obvious inprovement with using the eichmann cable over the custom made cable i bought to suit . i noticed better contrast levels and better percieved color...also think the sound has more weight as well , my sub sounds much tighter with depth after watching adele and andrea bocelli...

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts