Abstinence syndrome

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm away from home for 2 days now, and will be untill tomorow, and I feel the need to listen to my system so much...

Does any one feel the same when you are on business trip or on hollidays...? I've never been away for this long, just one night, top!

But being away for 2 days, man, i'm feeling kind depressed... :wall:

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't think of anything that I would get depressed about being away from for 2 days.

I'm sure there is help out there somewhere. ;)

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm away from my system for a week now due to serious remodelling of our lounge - still 2 weeks to go and really missing my music.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
chebby said:
CnoEvil said:
I'm on enforced abstinence due to on-going demolition. :wall:

Demolition? Just how big was your old system?

:grin:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/off-topic-and-miscellaneous/dry-rotthe-road-to-hell-and-back

Sorry the ear this, Cno... If you came to Portugal give me a call! There is room in my sofa for two, if you want bring along some CD's... :grin:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Sorry the ear this, Cno... If you came to Portugal give me a call! There is room in my sofa for two, if you want bring along some CD's... :grin:

Thank you my friend........You have no idea how tempting that offer is........After a prolongued period, dust and grime gets under your skin (so to speak). :(

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I usually manage with some decent headphones, a portable headphone amp and an iPod classic loaded with my music collection in lossless.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I'm away from home for 2 days now, and will be untill tomorow, and I feel the need to listen to my system so much...

Does any one feel the same when you are on business trip or on hollidays...? I've never been away for this long, just one night, top!

But being away for 2 days, man, i'm feeling kind depressed... :wall:

I'm on my ninth week and counitng without my system due to house re-build. And the end isn't really insight. The house is in chaos. I've just moved back in to oversee the various stages of the endgame. Floors to lay, many rooms to paint, a kitchen to fit, not to mention trying to get an AGA cooker from what will be my new music room to the new kitchen. Over-budget, over-stressed and still weeks to go. My wife is taking our daughter to New York for a fortnight to celebrate the upcoming end of her A-levels allowing me to "concentrate" on finishing the project. How kind.

I've listened to plenty of tunes on my headphones but it's such thin gruel compared to the full banqueting glory of a decent system at mid-to-full tilt. (

matthewpiano

I don't miss my system when I'm away. If I'm on holiday I'm too busy enjoying myself and it I'm away with work I'm generally too interested in what I'm learning or contributing to.

Sometimes I even find a break makes me appreciate my system more.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's like smoking: if you don't start, you never have to quit! :)

I promised myself to get me a proper hifi system once we had moved house... which should have been two years ago. But that EDITED joiner keeps EDITED with us. He fails to finish the doors and windows, which obviously blocks the other contractors. So we had to call in a lawyer, finally had to sue him; which takes ages... Looks like it may take one, maybe two more years till all will be finished! |(

Then again, I feel no pressure and have all the time in the world to read and demo! Not a chance I'll rush into buying the wrong gear! :) (optimists live longer, so they say)

PS: I'm no good in swear words, so I put in the 'EDITED's myself :shifty:

jimmylee73

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
you must live a fairly hollow existence if you're feeling depressed and withdrawn due to being away from home and unable to listen to your hifi - get out more, fella!

TRENDING THREADS