Absolutely KILLER rock track

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Having recently bought the Marantz 8003 pre amp to combine with my arcam P1000 power amp ~ today I decided to see what its capable of

The dvd was the last track on 'OPETH's 'LAMENTATIONS' dvd ~ 'a fair judgement'

opeth-lamentations.jpg

Anyone into rock should be able to pick this up pretty cheap off amazon or whatever.

Dial was on 20 for most of the track which sounds truly resplendent in DTS. Changes in pace and direction so clear and concise. A beautifully played track. Opeth live are stunning.

Then....the killer......they stop playing whilst the crowd cheer them on

Amp upto 10, the guitars are TRULY awesome. The ground shakes under their weight. But its the drums that blew me away, theyre so 'hard, tight and deep' its unbelievable. The speakers sound so powerful I feel they could explode at any given moment! Best live dvd rock track ive ever heard.........period.

Think I might go look for some killer 'movie scenes' to try now
emotion-4.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. Great performance. Never managed to see them live with Martin Lopez on drums, first show I caught them live was at the Roundhouse on the Ghost Reveries tour.

Saw them a few months ago at Shepherds Bush with their new guitarist, but they weren't as good or as tight as the Roundhouse gig, or the DVD.

Lindgren's solo on 'Deliverance' is my favourite ever guitar solo.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:Agreed. Great performance. Never managed to see them live with Martin Lopez on drums, first show I caught them live was at the Roundhouse on the Ghost Reveries tour.

Saw them a few months ago at Shepherds Bush with their new guitarist, but they weren't as good or as tight as the Roundhouse gig, or the DVD.

Hi Chris

I saw Martin first time I saw them in Leeds (Cant recall the venues name but its basically a big brick 'cavern' underneath and built INTO the railway!) And it was unbelievably cold (Even Opeth commented on it). But the venue was MADE for rock. They sounded incredible.

Ive seen them twice since then, but neither time compared to that leeds gig which just blew me away.

Big Chris:

Lindgren's solo on 'Deliverance' is my favourite ever guitar solo.

That was the first track I played.
emotion-4.gif

But 'fair judgement' right at the end is the killer moment for me

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
just listened to opeth ,after reading this thread , wow their good , and deliverence is damn good .

cheers

ÿ

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
m.j:
just listened to opeth ,after reading this thread , wow their good , and deliverence is damn good .

cheers

ÿ

Glad you liked it m.j. They're my favourite band, and have been for about 7/8 years now.
No other band I know can mix such aggression, with such beautiful melody, so seamlessly. The fact they're such crafted muicians doesn't hurt either.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
m.j:

cheers

Go see em live m.j.

Theyre truly awesome

A

Anonymous

Alien- The venue would have been Leeds Cockpit. Rio's behind Richer Sounds has taken over as the venue for the heavier sort of stuff.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:Alien- The venue would have been Leeds Cockpit. Rio's behind Richer Sounds has taken over as the venue for the heavier sort of stuff.

Actually, Ive just found the old ticket. It was the 'Black Canvas' . I recall seeing a billboard advert for 'The Cockpit' when I was there. Cheers all the same mate
emotion-21.gif

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris:Agreed. Great performance. Never managed to see them live with Martin Lopez on drums, first show I caught them live was at the Roundhouse on the Ghost Reveries tour.Saw them a few months ago at Shepherds Bush with their new guitarist, but they weren't as good or as tight as the Roundhouse gig, or the DVD.Lindgren's solo on 'Deliverance' is my favourite ever guitar solo.

man... maybe a stupid quote but iam listening to deliverance right now, and the solo is absolutely terrific!

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Am also listening to 'Deliverance' as we speak on Spotify - great stuff. I haven't explored Opeth before, but I'm a huge PT fan so thanks for the heads up!

Just when I thought I was reaching the end of the 'CDs to buy' list...

TRENDING THREADS