Above High End

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I wasn't sure what topic to post this thread under but i think this is the most suitable one.

I was discussing high-end home cinema and hi-fi with a mate who is even less clued up than I am. During the course of that conversation he was looking at the WHSV best buy high end buys and matter of factly asked me "so this is the best equipment you can buy is it?" I said " No. It was very very good but you can spend more and get even better performance", " So where is that kit listed he asked". I said there was a grow your system bit but that actually that still didnt answer his question

This got me thinking that the best buy tables are great but if someones said well to be honest I can afford to pay more than £8k for a hi-fi or home cinema. What if i want to pay double or treble that, or more?

Now I know yoiu can get silly with money. I know there is a £33k cd player and £67k speakers from someone who I cant remember. I don't know what B&W nautilus speakers cost but I think they are about £30-£40k. So I don't think I'm suggesting a money-no-object class (although that may be interesting tbh). But it would be interesting to see a Best Buy Reference Kit Table. Perhaps looking at HC & Stereo Amps up to say £7k,CD Players/Blu-rays up to £3k, Speaker Packages up to £12k. I'm making a stab in the dark at figures here.

Yes i know there is a recession on but I would be interested if some one allready owned all the high end best buys and said "I want to upgrade again" What is the next level up?

Btw neither I nor my friend are in the market for a £30k system before anyone asks
emotion-1.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
barnsleydave:
I wasn't sure what topic to post this thread under but i think this is the most suitable one.

I was discussing high-end home cinema and hi-fi with a mate who is even less clued up than I am. During the course of that conversation he was looking at the WHSV best buy high end buys and matter of factly asked me "so this is the best equipment you can buy is it?" I said " No. It was very very good but you can spend more and get even better performance", " So where is that kit listed he asked". I said there was a grow your system bit but that actually that still didnt answer his question

This got me thinking that the best buy tables are great but if someones said well to be honest I can afford to pay more than £8k for a hi-fi or home cinema. What if i want to pay double or treble that, or more?

Now I know yoiu can get silly with money. I know there is a £33k cd player and £67k speakers from someone who I cant remember. I don't know what B&W nautilus speakers cost but I think they are about £30-£40k. So I don't think I'm suggesting a money-no-object class (although that may be interesting tbh). But it would be interesting to see a Best Buy Reference Kit Table. Perhaps looking at HC & Stereo Amps up to say £7k,CD Players/Blu-rays up to £3k, Speaker Packages up to £12k. I'm making a stab in the dark at figures here.

Make your mind up, do you want above High End or not? 12k for speakers isn't that much, comparitively. Was it the Focal Grand Utopia's you were thinking of, they weigh in at well over £100k. Up to £7k for a Home Cinema amp? I mean even Pioneer do a £5k amp (the Susano).

A

Anonymous

Lol. Well i did say I was making a stab in the dark at the figures. I had the Susano in mind as an example amp but tried not to name specific brands or products. Basically I am asking if someone want the next logical step up in performance from the kit listed as a high-end best buy, what would it be? (why didnt i just say that?
emotion-10.gif
)

A

Anonymous

I've just placed my order for 2.

Just to impress my mates when they come round. I just wish those large speakers were just a bit bigger.
emotion-2.gif

Now all I need to do is knock down all the walls in my house and throw everything else out, in order to make a futile attempt at creating enough room. Oh and ask for a $12M loan.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Adamk69:
You gotta have a laugh...... You may have seen this before but if you haven't check out this link. $6 million dollars enough for you! It had better be good!! LOL!!

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/worlds-most-expensive-home-cinema.html#

Valve amps?

Either way it's proof positive of the idiom "more money than sense"... I mean that rack with projector on is surely going to vibrate when the speakers are kicking out at full volume, which will distort the picture?

A

Anonymous

So seriously if I want to better the kit shown in the best buy high end table. Whats the minimum someone would need to spend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts