AARRGGHHH! Sorry. Panasonic TH37 PX80B.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Desperately need a new telly, but not made of money. Been tracking this Panny for some time and watching them disappear from the shops as they make way for the new models. Problem is my local M&S has the above model knocked down to £600 with a 5 year guarantee. They have five left in the shop. Do I snatch one up or is the new one worth an extra £100 or so?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
jimbo c:...or is the new one worth an extra £100 or so?

Nobody knows yet. I'd wait, if you can afford the extra £100 without angering the bank manager, as teh new one is unlikely, on recent form, to be bad.

Tho you could just take the plunge now, knowing that you'd be happy with the px80b if it were'nt for the emergence of the new one.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
felicia:

http://www.jxl.co.uk/Panasonic-TXP37X10-37-Viera-Plasma-TV-p/tx-p37x10b.htm

This is the new 2009 model with free delivery and 5 year warranty for a extra £50!!

Dont know if it is in stock but??

Good idea!

However, the tech specs say its 42", and when a site i dont know contradicts itself it always gives me pause for thought. Plus, i havent really got my head around the new panny range so cant comment on whether the rest of their info is correct.

A

Anonymous

Have reserved the old model from M&S. It got the great review from this here magazine, and call me old fashioned but I like a proper store as oppose to an internet deal, I can go in and shout at someone if things go wrong. Picking it up tomorrow. Cheers all.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
jimbo c:Have reserved the old model from M&S. It got the great review from this here magazine, and call me old fashioned but I like a proper store as oppose to an internet deal, I can go in and shout at someone if things go wrong. Picking it up tomorrow. Cheers all.

If you are picking it up yourself ,dont underestimate the size of the box -its big. If you are in doubt,let me know and I'll go and measure it for you.(its still in the house)

Its a brill telly.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Ravey, but hold back on that tape measure. I think I'll be able to get it in the car okay, but is it true it has to be kept upright? If so I'll make use of the free delivery option.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
If it is free delivery,take the option as it will be covered under their insurance,once delivered it is covered under yours -Sods law says if in your car ,thats the day Mr Shunter turns up behind you.

As for upright it is recommended AFAIK .(74cm high box)

It will be worth the wait-as I said it is a brilliant telly.

A

Anonymous

Brother in law has used them a few times and says service is excellent.

I have the old 37" PX60 and it fitted in the boot of my C-Max no bother (standing up of course)

Thinking about ordering the 42" this week if the misses is in a good mood! that reminds me better go and fill up the dishwasher!

A

Anonymous

Put mine on the back seat of my astra and put a seat belt on it. This was after purchasing it for 565 quid with 5 yr warranty....although that was nearly a year ago
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

jimbo c:Have reserved the old model from M&S. It got the great review from this here magazine, and call me old fashioned but I like a proper store as oppose to an internet deal, I can go in and shout at someone if things go wrong. Picking it up tomorrow. Cheers all.

Ive got this model and i think its superb, i had a old 28 inch tv and upgrading to a 37inch plasma as seen my digging my old fave dvds out again.
I dont think you will be dissapointed Jimbo.
Dont forget to run it in for 100 hours.

A

Anonymous

Jimbo

Hope you're pleased with your new purchase. After months of researching and waiting for a price drop, I got mine last month from my local panny shop for £545 and a five year guarantee. All the rave reviews were absolutely correct in my view. In terms of bangs for your bucks, I think its unbeatable.

It'll be interesting to see if the new panny line-up delivers the same barnstorming deals..I don't think you will be disappointed with your set tho. Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mediamole, and everyone else.

Went to pick it up myself in the end. Had to put the nippers car-seats in the boot so the box would go on the back seat (upright), which meant the kids had to run behind the car all the way home. It's only two or three miles and the exercise does 'em good.

Only got around to rigging it up today and haven't fiddled with any settings yet, but I'm thrilled!

Cheers all.

Jim.

TRENDING THREADS