Aarrgghh... Changed again so what speakers?!?!

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I have got the Denon DM37 as my second system. I haven't heard any of the speakers you mentioned but I have got it teamed with the Tannoy F1's and the same speaker wie as you intend using and this combo works really well together.

Hope this helps.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that; I may be going down a different route now seeing as I won a Cyrus 6v2 on eBay yesterday for a very daft price!

People need to learn to list their items at sensible times haha...!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi MP

Yes; it's to go in my office/study as I work from home now (set up my own business as sick of working for other muppets)!

The Rega/NAD/B&W system is next door in our large spare back bedroom and it's brilliant! The CDP is lush but the NAD amp and the 685's are still breaking in so they're not at their full potential yet.

I've just won a Cyrus 6vs2 off eBay yesterday and paid less than £150 for it so that's on its way today to me via City Link :)

I'm now looking for a small CDP to fit in to a slot where the amp will go BUT may stump up for a NAD C545BEE CDP and just have that on the bottom shelf.

Her at home is loving the Rega/NAD system so my study one will be for me.

Just dont know what speakers to go for as it's a different ball game now with the Cyrus amp!

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
d_a_n1979:Thanks for that; I may be going down a different route now seeing as I won a Cyrus 6v2 on eBay yesterday for a very daft price! People need to learn to list their items at sensible times haha...!

£150 you lucky so and so! Perhaps the guy who sold that has got a cheapo Cd player as well!

matthewpiano

The C545BEE is a cracking player. My only criticism is that the transport can be a bit noisy with some discs. If it is going to be in close proximity to you, or if you will be listening at lower volume levels, it might get irritating. I'd love to find something with the same sound but a less noisy transport.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:The C545BEE is a cracking player. My only criticism is that the transport can be a bit noisy with some discs. If it is going to be in close proximity to you, or if you will be listening at lower volume levels, it might get irritating. I'd love to find something with the same sound but a less noisy transport.

Every NAD CDP I've had has been like that.

Fortunately the CDP and AMP will be away in a corner hopefully so shouldnt be too bad!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:The C545BEE is a cracking player. My only criticism is that the transport can be a bit noisy with some discs. If it is going to be in close proximity to you, or if you will be listening at lower volume levels, it might get irritating. I'd love to find something with the same sound but a less noisy transport.

Every NAD CDP I've had has been like that.

Fortunately the CDP and AMP will be away in a corner hopefully so shouldnt be too bad!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
So now I need speakers...

I've already got B&W 685's and I love them so need something different but under £500...

They will be matched with a Cyrus 6vs2 amp and more than likely a NAD CDP (i.e. NAD C545BEE or a NAD C542).

So what speakers?

EB Acoustic EB1's?
Arcaydis DM1's?
Monitor Audio RX2's?
Others?

d_a_n1979:Do you know PP I've never got on with Dynaudio speakers. They sound a bit wet to me to be honest.

Nope, didn't know - I do now.....
emotion-5.gif

EB's sound like a good option. Depending, though what source your using with the Cyrus. Maybe worth looking at MA RS1 with Nad or Arc CDP.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
d_a_n1979:Do you know PP I've never got on with Dynaudio speakers. They sound a bit wet to me to be honest.

emotion-5.gif

EB's sound like a good option. Depending, though what source your using with the Cyrus. Maybe worth looking at MA RS1 with Nad or Arc CDP.

Haha
emotion-5.gif

I thought of them as well; thats why I thought of the RX2's but the RX1's may be better size wise.

I think the smoothness of the NAD CDP would take the edge of the Cyrus being ta bit forward; more so with M/A speakers!

d_a_n1979:plastic penguin:

emotion-5.gif

Haha
emotion-5.gif
I thought of them as well; thats why I thought of the RX2's but the RX1's may be better size wise. I think the smoothness of the NAD CDP would take the edge of the Cyrus being ta bit forward; more so with M/A speakers!

When I tested Cyrus 8VS2 with my CD73T and RS6 it was suprisingly good. Clearly, the 73 tamed the 8's brightness, although not enough to dissolve the wonderful detail that Cyrus is famed for....

TRENDING THREADS