A reminder to back up your data!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Coming home from work to find my NAS has crashed while I was away (but thankfully it was fine after a power-off/power-on) was just the incentive I needed to make a back up of it. Shamefully, because of no reason that won't sound lame, I haven't undertaken a backup of the NAS since May 2014, though I do still at least keep my music backed up via a Dropbox subscription. It will probably take overnight to copy all the music, films, and Time Machine backups for the three computers, but at least I'll then have a safe backup.

Don't be a victim, folks. Do your backups!!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Meh, I live life on the edge. Some people do dangerous and extreme sports, some people have life-endangering careers, whereas I go nearly two years without fully backing up my NAS :)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Pffft. Won't happen to me ;)

I too get my adrenaline rush by living without backups.

It's interesting seeing the backup measures of companies in an earthquake prone country like Japan.

And after the Great East Japan Earthquake off the coast of Tohoku, many companies decided backing up to multiple locations around Japan wasn't enough and that they'd also add some backup locations in other Asian countries. Unfortunately it slows things down just enough to be really annoying when one's office decides to move its main servers from the office one is working in to an office overseas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts