A PSU for a Pro-ject

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi plastic penguin :wave:

If you are thinking of trying an outboard PSU, may I recommend the AC-16 power supply from Russ Andrews, it replaces the standard plug-in one supplied with your turntable.

I brought one for my Debut 3 and found that the quality of the sound improved with better bass, midrange and treble.

There are other power PSU's available but for £104, I think its a bit of a bargain.

Happy listening.

:cheer:

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
No problem, happy to help. :)

If you are checking out Project's own range of boxes may I suggest your look at the Speed Box S which I use with my Debut 3.

Not only does it mean that you don't have to keep swapping over the belt when changing speeds from 33 to 45 but according to their website it provides "Clean power decoupled from mains interference " and " Sound improvement through motor running smoothness "

Only thing is you may have to check whether it is compatible with your turntable but this info is also on the website.

Happy listening.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, very strange that a company like Project has not updated the Speed box to be compatible with its current range of turntables as it was a great addon to my Debut 3.

Have you checked out the Russ Andrews power supply yet as I forgot to say that once again you may have to check whether it is compatible with your turntable.

Thought i would let you know before you decided to go for it.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Not as yet. Will have a butchers a little later.

The biggest issue with my TT is it doesn't a detachable mains flex, according to Henleys.

From your profile, it would appear that you have an Xpression 1. Assuming this is the case, then you can add a Speedbox as it uses a plug in power supply. If not, you can always use a Speedbox S/E or DS. Although more expensive, you can plug in a 240V mains plug and the filtering is quite a lot better.

TRENDING THREADS