A point in the right direction please

Mr beck

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there everyone

I'm currently looking for new headphones, I would like them to be comfy and fit around my ears (not On ears). I'll be listening to music mainly on my marantz na 8005 and I guess sometimes on my iPhone 6. I listen to almost any music so good all rounders would be great please. I have around £150 to spend. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

David.

D

Deleted member 108165

Mr beck said:
Hi there everyone

I'm currently looking for new headphones, I would like them to be comfy and fit around my ears (not On ears). I'll be listening to music mainly on my marantz na 8005 and I guess sometimes on my iPhone 6. I listen to almost any music so good all rounders would be great please. I have around £150 to spend. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

David.

I can only comment on the two brands I currently own: Sennheiser and Grado. Grado is out as it is on-ear, but most of the HD range of the Senn's are the around-ear type and are very comfy indeed. Shure SRH range is also worth looking at as they get glowing reviews and are comfy too. Are you looking for closed or open backed?

D

Deleted member 108165

I'm sure others far more experienced than I will chime in soon but looking at Sennheiser they do have a few around-ear fitments, not sure what they sound like as I've only owned open-backed versions, (HD598, HD650). Shure are the same but there appear to be more closed-backs in their range, once had a pair of SRH840 that were quite good; until I heard the Senn HD650 *smile*

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/over-ear-headphones

http://www.shure.co.uk/products/headphones

D

Deleted member 108165

Bumped for Mr Beck. Anyone else care to chime-in to assist Mr Beck? I'm more of a speaker man myself so don't have the in-depth knowledge that some of you head-fi guys have *smile*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Audio Technica ATHM50X. Circumaural - check. Closed - check. Right price if you shop around - check. Sound fantastic - check. I highly recommend them. They have a huge preputation among semi-pros and home producers. I've no idea why they are often overlooked in HiFi circles.

D

Deleted member 108165

Mr beck said:
Hi there thank you for your help in headphones. I'd be aiming at closed back headphones. Your advice is valid thank you.

Dale has also given a good review of the Shure SRH940 (closed back) in another thread.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
AKG K550 - you can buy these for under £100 - award winners in WHSAV award for last few years.

I think for less than £100 they are a steal.

Mr beck

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the delay this stupid forum wouldn't let me post.

Thank you all very much for your help great selection to choose from.

David.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts