A new AV reciever soon

Bonajones38

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Back again with same request as some time ago. I want (need) a new AV reciever soon. I dont want Atmos or 3D but a good 7:1 amp which will handle the best 4K bu-ray sound and TV broadcasts when they come and is as good for music as a dedicated amp (I have an Arcam. 28)....Am I asking too much???

I promise I'm not time wasting here. I'm ready to buy early in 2016.

I will pay 3000 Euro for the amp and maybe 800? for the blu-ray when a good choice becomes available.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Your new receiver is likely to come Atmos capable whether you like it or not, but you don't have to use Atmos if you don't want to.

3000 Euros for a receiver will buy you a pretty good unit, but will depend on where you live (you didn't say) and what brands are available there.

I would look at the Yamaha RX-A850 7.2 receiver as a starting point and go up from there.

Bonajones38

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I live in Heerlen, in Limburg province, Neths. I already have nearly all Arcam stuff, but the reciever ( Arcam300) has no HDMI inputs or outputs. It is bi-amped with A28 amp and connected up with DVD & CD players. Only the Pioneer blu-ray and Humaz PVR is not Arcam. I'm awaiting the reviews of the cheapest of the just-released Arcam recievers before I decide. I have a contact with an Arcam dealer in Venlo. But I must admit I am impressed with the Anthem Big Boss recommends.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts