A good match for Cyrus 8vs2 and cd8x?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, does anyone have any advice as to what speakers they would recomend for me to try with the above cyrus system, i have a budget of about £700 for the speakers, and they have to look good to keep the woman happy!

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
My kit is a CD8x with Prevs2 and two 6 powers. My speakers are Spendor S5es in walnut which I am well satisfied with, and, I think,were grudgingly accepted by my wife. At least she said that they were better than the ancient MA5s on stands.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My other half has exactly the same system but with the added Cyrus 8 power amp (or is it the x-power) i can never remember...

What music do you listen to and what speaker cable are you running?

Do you want floorstanders or do you want standmount speakers?

Anyways... She's got the system running a sent of B&W CM7's and they sound fantastic!

The Cyrus has great control over the bass giving you plenty of whoomph but its controlled and not muddy at all. Nice smooth midrange which is well timed and the treble is crisp and sweet.

I've always loved B&W speakers but was unsure about the Cyrus/B&W combo; this set-up has proved me wrong!

The B&W 683's could be worth looking at as well as the Monitor Audio RS6's and the Rega R5 speakers (great write-ups but i've not auditioned them myself... Yet!)

A

Anonymous

I run a pair of Dynaudio Audience 52se with my cyrus gear and they sound fantastic to me. They give a 'full' sound that's not short on bass and can go very loud...

A few shops have them on offer at 650quid (e.g. Moorgate acoustics - where I got mine)

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts