A Good DVD Test Disc/ Movie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A fantastic all rounder is The Polar Express childrens film. The visual detail is incredible but what will blow you away on a good speaker system is the audio. Near the beginning of the movie when the train rolls to a halt in front of the boys house my lounge floor rumbled and rattled as if I lived next to a railway platform. Sitting directly in front of the subwoofer, it moved enough air to make my hair blow about! Truly riveting. At Xmas you could pick the disc in Woolies for a fiver. A decent family film as well.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I've not seen The Polar Express.

I always use the dancing scene near the beginning of House of Flying Daggers. When the "sheriff" throws the beans at the drums and they zip around the soundstage is my favourite bit.

I also like the T-Rex bit in Jurassic Park. Was a bit of a spanner when I first set my current system up and switched off the sub signal from the amp. I was disappointed at how unscary T-Rex was. However, when I discovered my mistake (a week later), he became much more impressive.

A

Anonymous

Must get House of Flying Daggers and trade in my VHS Box set of Jurassic Park for the full fat DVD version. Bit skint though after buying a new Denon player,HDMI lead etc!

A

Anonymous

Hellboy on Blu-ray considered one of the best transfers so far.I also like Black Hawk Down so much so i have original,3 disc special (10euro could'nt say no) and Blu-ray version(18E)

A

Anonymous

Anybody for Twister, the first DVD to be released? Anybody? I had it when it came out and loved it...anybody? Nope?

A

Anonymous

Speilburg's War of The Worlds, the tripods trumpet call goes right through your chest. Makes the old T Rex sound like a mouse.

A

Anonymous

How about the pod race in Star Wars The Phanton Menace??? Sounds fantastic!!!!..... pity about the rest of the movie..............................

A

Anonymous

sorry!!!! that should be PhantoM....... either way it's still muck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts